cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename project name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can I rename the name of my wd project? After some development work in the last few month the name doesn`t corespond to the project.

Any suggestions?

best regards

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Armin,

you wrote

>I think this is not possible (directly) in the NW04 version of the NetWeaver Developer Studio.

I already did it with NWDS SP 9 more than once and it always works fine in the package explorer view.

Maybe it is not intended to do that.

best regards

Iris Deuring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Remove the project from workspace.

2. Go to workspace and rename the project.

3. inside the project folder .project file is available edit the file in the tag give the name as you renamed.

<projectDescription>

<name>newname</name>

<comment></comment>

4.save and close the file

5. import the renamed project

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi@all

It works!

I did it like Mukesh descriped it + I renamed the project folder as in the project file under <name>newname</name>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is not possible (directly) in the NW04 version of the NetWeaver Developer Studio.

In newer version (NW04s) you can use the context menu entry over the project node (Refactor -> Rename...) in the Web Dynpro perspective.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Mathias,

you go into Java-Perspective in your NWDS - View Package Explorer, select your project and choose in the pop-up menu "Refactor" - "Rename...". Maybe you must also re-bind your libs in the project's Build Path.

Best regards

Iris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

Is it a project in a local DC or just a local project?

Is it is a local project you can delete your project in netweaver developer studio (DO NOT delete locally).

Go to the .project file and rename you project name between

Then reïmport you project again.