Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial load from MDM to ECC

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wondering if someone has done this? Once we have the clean and consolidated data in MDM, how do we do the initial load from MDM to SAP ECC? I think going through the process of syndication and PI would take forever...

What are SAP recommendations for initial load of data from MDM to ECC?

Regards,

-T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

What is the amount of data you want to syndicate in the Initial Load? Newer version of PI are not that bad in terms of data load.

I recently did a stress test with very complex PI mapping, was able to syndicate 80K records in 1 Hr through PI 7.1

If you are only concerned with the Initial Load(one time activity), you probably don't need to spend time and money on building a automatic process (like BODS etc).

The simplest and most common option would be to syndicate all the records from MDM in Flat or XML file and provide this to ECC team, they have several tools to do mass upload of data (LSMW,BDC etc).

Thanks

Aamir

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

We have around 1 million records that we need to syndicate as part of the initial load.

Regards,

-T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then don't use PI, syndicate the records out of MDM in Flat or XML file and let ECC use LSMW or BDC to load it.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I totally agree with Aamir. In your scenario it doesn't makes sense to use PI. Concept wise PI is not a migration tool, instead it is an interfacing or middleware tool and mainly used to interface systems for delta changes.

You can use ECC LSMW or other programs to upload data from the Files created by MDM Syndicator. If needed then you can also use some third party tools for data cleansing and conversation.

- Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have three different SAP systems in which initial data has to be loaded. But the outgoing single XML has data for all the three SAP systems. Can an ABAP resources break this single XML into three different XML to be loaded in each ECC system.

For centralisation this breaking/ filtering is done at PI so that data can be sent to each ECC system. But if I use the same infrastructure to do the initial load the PI engine would hang up.

Can yo suggest what should be the best approach in my case.

Best Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

For sending the data to 3 different SAP systems, the best approach is to create 3 different Remote Systems and create outbound port wrt to each Remote System and the create the syndicatin maps according to the SAP systems for which you want to send the data.

This way PI will not be overloaded, and no coversion/filtering of data would be required.

Thanks and Regards

Gaurav

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Initial Load, you will have to Use Syndicator. But yes, you can avoid use of PI. PI is an Interfacing tool and used to send delta changes from MDM to ECC. In Case of initial data load volume of data could be very high and PI may not be the perfect tool to address this initial load. (I am not fully aware of your data size, and its hard to comment on PI usability in your case at this point)

For initial Load, you can create different data files from MDM using Syndicator and then can use LSMW or other data load programs in ECC to perform initial load. This is just one thought. lets wait for other expects for their comments.

Best Regards,

Shiv