cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Data Type Language Question

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suppose that I'm developing a Dynpro Java application which reads R/3 System to get a Table.

One of the table field has value range defined in domain (SE11). The domain enumaration is translated to English and Turkish.

for example values are as below;

M EnglishText

R EnglishText2

Turkish Translations

M TurkceMetin1

R TurkceMetin2

When I check the values at R/3 >> SE37 , table column show s only enumaration values such as M or R.

But when I download the RFC Model into Dynpro application, I see that the enumerations are downloaded with language you import the model.

But we need the enumeration texts to be shown in what language user logges on to the portal.

When we reimport the model with the other lang. enumeration texts are coming with that lang. This is a problem with a multilingual dynpro portal applications.

Is there anyway to overcome this problem?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Huseyin,

Check the SSO configuration to your backend system. If you are using SAP Logon Ticket, then, the backend will use whatever is the default language settings for the user. This will be fine as long as the default language is set correctly for the user at the backend.

If you are using User Mapping, it will use the language for the mapped user. And in this case, if you use common user id to login to the backend system, you have to create a language parameter in your RFC and pass it from Web DynPro.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Erwin