Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Company code Transaction error

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am posting below Cross company code transaction getting error - Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 001 not filled.

Vendor A/c - Company code1

To Bank clearing A/c - Company code2

Problem is profit center is not deriving for Vendor reconciliation A/c. We cannot make a default profit center this.

When I am posting cross company code invoice it is correclty deriving the profit center for the same reconciliation a/c.

Also I do not see any mistake in document splitting configuration.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Shanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the following things:

1. In KE52, the profit center entered in Bank Clearing Account Item in Co Code B is also assigned in Co Code A. Then system will allow you to post the cross co code document

2. Are you using the correct Document Type while posting the transaction. IN your Document Type Definition in OBA7, the check boxes for Inter Co posting and Trading Partner (Trading Partner only if inter co elimination is being used) have been ticked

3. You have assigned the correct item category to vendor reconcilliation account (Should be Vendor GL), Inter co Clearing account (Balance sheet Account ) and Bank Clearing account (balance sheet) have been assigned in your configuration

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

<a href="http://www.vcq.biz/">sai baba wallpaper</a>, <a href="http://www.utorrent.name/">utorrent</a>

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for reply.

Doc. splitting ....Define Doc. splitting characteristics for GL:

Splitting characterisitc is Profit center and Mandatory field is checked. Client do not want to uncheck this field.

1. In KE52, the profit center entered in Bank Clearing Account Item in Co Code B is also assigned in Co Code A. Then system will allow you to post the cross co code document

I am looking for a Permanent solution.

2. Are you using the correct Document Type while posting the transaction. IN your Document Type Definition in OBA7, the check boxes for Inter Co posting and Trading Partner (Trading Partner only if inter co elimination is being used) have been ticked

those fields are checked in Document Type (OBA7)

3. You have assigned the correct item category to vendor reconcilliation account (Should be Vendor GL), Inter co Clearing account (Balance sheet Account ) and Bank Clearing account (balance sheet) have been assigned in your configuration

All assignments are correct, except I am confused about splitting through Document type. In the document splitting rule I do not see any Leading item category for Cross company code.

We are getting error while doing below transaction also.

Clearing of Bank subledger a/c (company A) by charging of the amount to Vendor (Company B) in F-03/F-04 (Entering new

open item in Vendor(company B) and clear the bank clearing A/c)

Could you please advice whether any changes required in New GL configuration for this type of transaction.

Regards

Shanu

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any solution on this.

Regards

Shanu

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is solved, created new Document type and business transaction variant for Cross company code advance payment and assigned leading item as Vendor item category.

Thanks to All

Regards

Shanu

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Check in SPRO ....Financial Accounting (New)....GL Acctng. (New)....Business Trans.... Doc. splitting ....Define Doc. splitting characteristics for GL, if Profit Center is one of the characteristics. Please check and reply if any of the check boxes are checked for Profit Center field.Just un check it. Your issue will be resolved.

Regards