cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLM - Maximum File Size for Contract Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did a search but did not find an answer for this. For the CLM system does anybody know SAP's recommendation on the maximum file size that the application can reliably handle for contract documents? We recently increased the maximum file size from 10MB to 50MB to accommodate a larger than allowed file size. Now the business has requested the capacity to add files (pdf files) up to 115MB. Would increasing our file limit to approximately 150MB be within the recommended parameters?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no formally recommended maximum size for contract documents with 100Mb being a fairly common limit but 200Mb is not unheard of.

The considerations really should be the Additional storage space for such large documents in the Database and also the network speed and activity. Business users should be made aware of some slowdown when retrieving such large documents.

150Mb would be at the high end of a reasonable file size limit.

Also take a look at thi s note: 1115365 - Technical difficulties in uploading large attachments

Edited by: Paul Wagner on Jun 16, 2011 9:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

We have a requirement which require us to upload contract doc sizes in excess of 200MB. we have modified the system properties to increase the attachment size but we are still not able to upload a 200MB fille.

Is it practically possible to upload this size contract document at all? OR Are we missing something here?

Any response is much appreciated!

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there some properties or configuration that I have to define for the size of the Contract?

Im trying to upload one and is not working, I didnt get an error message it just never ends with the upload, after I tried with a smaller document and it uploaded succefully.

thanks

jaheer_hussain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

please set this properties.

Setup >
System
Property
> attachments.maxSizeKB.buyers

With Regards,

Jaheer

former_member13619
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is no specific recommendation for maximum file sizes as this depends on how your time-out parameters are set, your server resources and network (also tunneling policies). The fact is the higher the filesize the more risk you run in unreliable uploads. Compressing files before uploading is a good practise for larger files.

These are the same issues which you would run into if you for example upload to a sharepoint site or even a copy on a shared drive, it all depends on the same parameters.

Tunneling policies could also affect your performance as it will limit the upload speeds according the priority set on certain network activities and if it limits your bandwidth you run in the risk of time-out so as you see there is no straight answer to your question. I know customers who can without no problem upload 150Mb files and others who already have issues with 50Mb.

Unfortunate, as I do not know your architecture and infrastructure I can only advice to stresstest the conditions of 150 Mb uploades with several user ids and see if you get time-outs or if it degrades the network performance. One of the questions you should ask your business is how frequent are the occurences of 150Mb+ uploads and if it is the appropiate way. It could be that these are very rare and in that case you could ask them to do this outside the busy hours of the network which will provides you less risk in problems.