cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to best depict a two step PP-PI operation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In processing to obtain my finished product, two operations are involved: first, Filling into bottles and secondly, packing the bottles into cartons.

These two operations are carried out on a production line.

A carton contains four filled bottles.

Most times, at the end of the shift, or production (that is, after packing into cartons), not all bottles are packed, there are always two or three bottles left which cannot make up a carton and as such is not packed. So duringproduction reporting for the shift, it is reported thus: 80cartons, 3 bottles.

How can this be effectly mapped?

Is it possible to create a master recipe containing both operations so that these operations are copied from the master recipe during Process Order creation, so that when Goods Receipt/confirmation is done, both the 80cartons and 3 bottles are received into the system together? or

Must I first create a process order for the filled bottles and then goods issue, goods receipt and confirmation for this order separately? and then in a second step, create another process order for the packed cartons in which the filled bottles and empty cartons form the BOM?

Or there any better ways I can depict this process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1362664
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Your option to create a master recipe containing both operations so that these operations are copied from the master recipe during Process Order creation, so that when Goods Receipt/confirmation is done, both the 80cartons and 3 bottles are received into the system together is correct

This is very normal practice in automobile industries. As e.g. they have produced 2410 pcs in a shift but they packed only 2400 pcs and dispatched rest of the ten pcs they would pack in next shift (Production qty is 2410 Pcs but only 24 cartoons as 100 pcs par cartoons). They may see the production in one UOM it may not like XX cartoons and XX Bottles. It should be XXX Bottles.

Regards

Vivek

Answers (0)