Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset legacy data upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Greeting for the day.

My client is going to be live on 9.8.2011.client is following the fiscal period k4 .For uploading the balance through as91 i had given the transfer date as 31.7.2011 and upload the balance .then post a entry in OASV.After that in OAAQ by default system is taking 2010.

But when i m going to run the depreciation for year 2011 1st period system is showing the error that closed the previous period.

can anybody please suggest me what procedure i need to follow for uploading data.

Regards,

sapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

chandrasekharbadeti_chand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As satish said upload all the asset balances on 31.07.2011 and next perform depreciation run on 31.08.2011 and check all the asset balances displaying correctly or not. 1st check in DEV system.

Best Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

Also specify last period of Posting at

IMG -> Financial Accounting -> Asset Accounting -> Asset Data Transfer -> Parameters for Data Transfer -> Date Specifications -> Last period of Posting

in your case it is

Last period of Posting: 2011 7

Take over date: 31.7.2011

At AS91 balances should be uploded as on 31.07.2011 and in SAP you will run depriciation at 31.08.2011

Takeover balances should be posted to GL accounts with OASV (no need to switch off Recon account (OAMK)).

Satish

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

please update your Transfer date:

IMG -> Financial Accounting -> Asset Accounting -> Asset Data Transfer -> Parameters for Data Transfer -> Date Specifications -> Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Yr

Regards