cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Number of Components per BOM(Per procurement type,if possible)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I have been told that certain materials belonging to a specific procurement type,have their BOM set that it allows only up to 100 components to be built within it.I had a god look on IMG under most relevant categories and can't find where this is defined in...so I'm wondering if you have ever had the request to look at the maximum number of components that could be built under a specific procurement type of material? Generally speaking,where you could define maximum no of components per BOM.At what level this is usualy set up?

All help,greatly appreciated,

PAPJ1.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For every Bom there is a limit of 9999 positions; however, I have found some error message at production order creation, when there are several phantom assemblies in the order BoM, procurement type "E 50". Not sure about the exact figure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dario,I've assigned points.

Do you happen to know the screen/IMG Path or Tcode so that I can tweak these messages?

All help is appreciated.

PAPJ1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I dont think that such limitation exists in IMG. Check OSS notes instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dario,do you remember whereabouts you saw the message "E50"

PAPJ1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not the message E50. This is the Procurement Key E and special procurement key 50 (Meaning phantom assembly). However, you should explain in detail if you are getting some error message or just you want to know this limitation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dario.

Allegedly,I have been told that this is set to 100 components per BOm of that particular procurement type,so I need to change it 200 (if that's true and it is allowing me to do so)

PAPJ1.

Edited by: PAPJ1 on Jun 13, 2011 2:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dario.

Allegedly,I have been told that this is set to 100 components per BOm of that particular procurement type,so I need to change it 200 (if that's true and it's allowing me to proceed in doing so)

PAPJ1.

Answers (0)