Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan numbers

abdul_jabbar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When user create the Loan in FN1V, system internally generate the Loan Number like 40000051 but when he again create the Loan, system generate the Loan number 40000100. while system should generate 40000052 loan number.

Please guide how to resolve this issue.

Regards

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abdul_jabbar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply;

My issue is still not resolved, i checked the tcode SNRO, its ok. Is there any issue related to this query?

Regards

AJ

former_member318765
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

The jumps is usually due to buffering. Please review the note 443327 which has information with reference to Loan number ranges. Hope this helps.

Have a Nice Day,

Kind Regards

Soumya Rao

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

For your number range object, remove the check box for Buffering in SNRO. However, in cases, where there are muliple application servers, this is not a recommended step. You should maintain buffers as it speeds up transaction processing

Regards

Sanil

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Find the the Number range object for loan master in SNRO. You can observe that the "No. of numbers in buffer" is set to 5. So the first time a number from this number range object is requested, first set of 5 numbers are stored in buffer. Next time, when a number is requested it is fetched from the buffer instead of hitting the database table NRIV. Whenever the buffer is empty, it is refilled with the next set of 5 numbers.

Now consider that the loan master numbers from 4676 to 4680 are stored in the buffer. 4676 and 4677 are utilized for creating loan master numbers. Now assume that the buffers have been reset (Transaction SM56). Next time when you request for the loan master number, the number 4681 is retrieved and the number 4681 to 4685 are passed to the buffer.

So when we use number range objects using buffering ON, there are chances for some gaps in the document numbers. So make sure that you do not use buffering for the legal documents.

Procedure to reset the buffers manually:

Go to transaction SM56. Enter the Client and the SAP Number Range object name as required. This would reset the buffers for the particular number range object.

If you would like to skip the buffer and get the document number directly from the database table, use the option IGNORE_BUFFER in the function module NUMBER_GET_NEXT.

Regards

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This is due to buffering phenomena in number range tables. The same case happens when number range for vendors is created . I do not have system right now but i think you can check it out in t code SNRO. Search SDN there were so many queries posted with same issue.

Regards