cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA20,PA30, PA40 getting stuck and not responding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue where the transactions PA20,PA30, PA40 do not respond at all, or they respond after 603000 m/s approximately.

This is happening in all servers for the same transactions.

We have checked the system for any back up's or any load on system but there is hardly 4% usage shown in our system.

This is the 4th time we are facing this kind of issue.

Can you please help me understand the possible reason for the same.

Thanks and regards,

Jailakshmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jailakshmi;

It happens in my client from time to time, and the reason is that some users save huge list of employees in the object manager (left side of PA20/30), it creates a bottleneck and nobody can use the transacionts you told us in your post. If this is the case, you should detect which users are having these huge list of employees, and tell them to have only a few employees there, not thousands.

Hope that helps,

Best regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had exactly this before. It is definetly authorizations as the other posts clarify.

If you run a trace you will see that everytime PA20 is called for each and every infotype in the transaction, for each employee, an authorization check is carried out because of the authorization of the user running the transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your response,

This is not happening with only a few users hence it cannot be a authorization issue.

When this happens it happens for All our servers Development, QA and PRD these transactions hang.

Also it doesn't happen only for a selective few users it gets non responsive for all users at once.

Can you explain in detail if possible with example how it can be a Authorization issue as i really need to resolve this issue permanently.

Please let me know if i need to make any changes to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Jailakshmi

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My money is still on authorization.

If you go to ST05 and run a trace on the transaction you will see an object (I cannot remember the name of object) which will be called many times for each infotype and for every employee. Take this information to your security team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This issue is coz of authorizations and data indexing....

R K

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

this is related to authorisation and memory bottleneck

just take a trace thru ST12 or ST05, you ll see where time was spent maximum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you all for your response.

The problem is that this issue hardly lasts for 3-4 hours and then the system is back to normal.

Right now the issue is not there, but i will do the needful as soon as the same issue arises again.

Please tell me if there are any other checks that can be followed so that once the issue arises i can immidiately follow all the steps.

Thank you all for the help.

Regards,

Jailakshmi

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just take a trace and see the users authorisation

former_member645325
Participant
0 Kudos

Report to your Basis Consultant on this issue....as soon as possible

Thanks & Regards

Ragini Nikam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response,

BASIS has already checked all possible parameters and back up statuses.

Can you help as to what the BASIS would need to do for this issue.

Regards,

Jailakshmi

ted_dinh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have structural authorization turned on ? If yes, first try to add a user-id in table 'T77UU' , then run program 'RHBAUS00' to re-generate index for the user. Then, try PA20/PA30 again under this ee to see if response time is improved.