Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive Items

former_member218051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What are inactive items by SAP.

when I run inactive items from inventory reports by giving date range as 1 mar - 2008 till date with

quotations

deliveries

orders

down payments

and invoices check boxes selected.

the reports lists me 2500 items. some of them are in stock and some of them are not in stock.

In order to cross check i dragged few of the items on order , invoice and delivery and i found the transactions.

All those transactions were old transactions.

Now if i want to delete those items which are not in stock then how do i delete them ?

by passing delete from oitm from query generator won't be of any help.

There are related tables from where the same has to be done.

Pls. help me in this

Thanks

Malhaar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Items will become 'Inactive" when you assign any Inactive period for that item in item master data...

The item also become 'inactive' when the 'Active period' got expired for that item..

You will find that active and Inactive period for that item in item master data..

People will be using this for specific purpose.....

You don't need to worry about the inactive since it wont affect your Inventory Audit Report....

and it wont appear in any of the transaction...

you cannot delete those items when the transactions has been posted to that...

Don't delete anything from back end in B1 tables it will lead to serious data inconsistencies and lose your SAP support

Edited by: kambadasan on Jun 13, 2011 5:15 PM

former_member218051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kambadasan,

I thought when an item do not appear in transactions for a particular period then it becomes inactive.

What is the relevance of a date in selection criteria window of inactive items ?

I was going through the posts on the forum where i had a glance about B1tch utility

I tried to access the link but, page found broken.

what is that ?

Thanks

Malhaar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malhaa,

The page for that utility is still available. I have just tried.

However, it won't help you because it is based on DI API. No item with transactions can be deleted. Period.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The date criteria will show the inactive items from that date...

it will fetch the information according to the date which you specified and display the report of inactive items which remains inactive from that date...

former_member218051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then something is wrong.

Through drang and relate , I dragged one item onto the SO , DC and INVOICE and I found transactions.

Thanks

Malhaar

former_member218051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

That means we can not use that utility.

B'cos i dragged few of the items on SO , DC and INVOICE and found transactions against them.

I wonder then in what sense they are considered inactive ?

Thanks

Malhaar

former_member206488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot delete these items as used in transactions.

and included in inactive items list because all these items that do not appear in any of the selected sales documents since a specified date.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

U mean u dragged Inactive items or active items?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The inactive status is related to two settings:

1. Active From .. To - If this is checked, only the period within the duration will be active, otherwise will be inactive.

2. Hold From .. To - If this is checked, only the period not within the duration will be active, otherwise will be inactive. If it is empty, it will be inactive.

This status applies to the items with transactions.