cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption and Change in Inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have some Consumption Accounts seperate for (ROH, FERT and HALB) and Also Some Change in Inventory Accounts seperate for (FERT, HALB and ROH) they are now P&L Accounts as well as Cost Elements.

Management now decides that they need to be in the Balacne Sheet since they are not reflecting the real Profit or Loss Based on the balances commin from them.

I know if Create new GL's in balance sheet and Change the Assignment in OBYC for these new balance sheet will this be ok or will it effect my production order costing since the old GL's (Cost Elements are Part of my OKTZ) and if i now use this BS accounts they cannot be created as Cost Elements.

The issue between us and the management is that when we see these intermediate accounts (Change in Inventory and Consumption accounts when grouped together it is not giving us the ZERO Balance )

Can any one help me out in this regards

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

How can you define a consumption account as balance sheet account? forget SAP, is it correct arguing purely on the basis of accounting rules??

If you are not getting a zero balance as to Opening + Purchase - Closing i.e. Derived Consumption Vs Consumption posted in Consumption accounts - You need to investigate that and resolve

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay for your immediate reply

can you please tell me how to explain the management how they should have the change in inventory as a P&L Accounts and not in Balance Sheet

Best Regards,

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Eddhula Reddy Kumar on Jun 13, 2011 4:56 PM