cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUs: how to prevent picks from allowing quantities smaller than the HU?

orla_mclean2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a HUs (Pallet) that contain multiple HUs (Cartons).

I have one HU with a carton of 5EA

I have a second HU with a carton of 6EA.

I only want to ship full cartons - I cannot physically open the cartons to take out partial quantities. But, on the system, if I create a pick for a delivery for a quantity of 6, it is suggesting I pick the 5EA and then do a partial pick of 1EA from the second HU.

I thought the purpose of HUs was to not allow this to happen? Is it possible to get hte system to just look at full HU quantities rather than suggesting I break open cartons.

thanks for your suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christian_rosa
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I think it is worth trying what James proposed HU Pick Control:

Try to set it to '1':

Logistics general > Handling Unit Management > Basics > Warehouse Management > Define Movement Types

Help info:

The indicator can have the following settings:

'space':

On the confirmation screen, the first pick HU assigned to the TO is proposed as destination storage unit and the HU copy indicator is also set. In this way, the source storage unit is copied as the lower-level handling unit into the pick HU.

'1':

On the confirmation screen, the issuing handling unit is proposed as the destination storage unit during confirmation of the TO item and the HU copy indicator is set.

'3':

On the confirmation screen, the first pick HU assigned to the TO is proposed as the destination storage unit. The HU copy indicator is not set. This option should only be used if only the material or the lower- level handling units are to be picked from the issuing handling unit. If the issuing handling unit is a nested handling unit, the lower-level handling units must be entered during confirmation.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same issue, have you solved the problem?

I would like always to pick full lower level HU, without picking partial quantity from the low level HU.

Moreover please consider this case:

I have a nested HU with 3 lower level HUs:

1st HU : 5 PC

2nd HU : 7 PC

3rd HU: 20 PC

I have a delivery of 10 PC, so I would like to pick completely first 2 lower level HU (5+7) with automatic adjustment of the delivery quantity to 12 PC

How to achieve this?

Thank you

Regards

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orla,

I would start by flagging the Indicator: "complete stock removal required" on the source storage type.

"Means that during stock removal the entire quant is to be removed from storage, regardless of the quantity required."

Thanks James

orla_mclean2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James

Good thinking but the problem with that is the quant is the PAL HU, not the CAR HU so this will force full pallet picks which isn't right either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried the HU pick control settings on the storage type config?

James

orla_mclean2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James, Christian,

Its already set to 1 but not making any difference. I tried 3 also but that was worse!

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please check in your configuration for your storage type

SPRO>Logistics Execution>Warehouse Management>Storage Units>Master Data-->Define Storage Type Control

Here against your warehouse Full stock rmvl reqmt active.Make this one active then try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your warehouse and Storage type, which is 916 for picking, use the below Stock Removal strategy in OMM9.

M Large/small quantities included