Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrap sales without QTY updation

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have a scenario were we would like to sell the scrap material ( old iron pcs, packaging material etcu2026) through sales process. Kindly advise the best scenario for the same. The excise duty and sales tax would be applicable ( ED10.3%, S.Tax 4% + surcharge 5%). This scenario would be without material movement and the quantity would be only for value calculation purpose.

What i feel is we can tackle the same using the QTY updation option in the Material type level, but if the business is going to sell IRON PCS through normal sales, and after one point of time, the same becomes a scrap , so is it advisable to change the material type of the same to what is being used for scrap (without QTY Updation?

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In such case , it would be better to have different Material Type so that the Process will not get hampered with any new requirement.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No dont go for differentiating the material type. For scrap sales, material type should always be FERT. So, you go with differentiating item category. In VOV4, for scrap sale order type, maintain default item category as TAX and manual as TAN.

As you would be aware, item category TAX will not check the quantity and you can do PGI and follow the normal sales process. As you said, whenever you want to check the stock, this can be changed in sale order manually.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thank you.

But when i check in vov7, i find both my TAN and TAX almost similar except TAN has a DETERMINE COST checked.

So can you please tell me, which setting differentiate the QTY CHECKING?

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the item category TAX, you can do PGI even if stock is not available.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathy,

So it means there will be no impact on the STOCK/QTY of the material, if we are going for the TAX item category.. right??

Thank you and will revert back if there is any more issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles