cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make system consider Alternative unit of measure while creating BOM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When creating a BOM, how do I make the system consider the alternative unit of measure if at the point of creating the BOM, I decide to use the component material alternative unit of measure? The scenario is as follows:

Header

Material code is TK677, Base Unit of Measure is Litres.

Components:

Material code is RT677, Base Unit of measure is Litres.

Material code is RV677, Base Unit of measure is Kilogram.

When formulation is done in the laboratory, the components are weighed and measured in percentage weight. For example, 20% for first component (RT677) and 80% (RV677) for the second component.

To depict this, I maintain an alternative unit of measure of Kg in the Material Master of RT677, and maintain the conversion factor (100kg = 116Litres) so as to enable me use Kg as unit of measure for material RT677 when creating the BOM.

When creating the BOM, I enter Kg as unit of measure for material RT677, but gets the system error message ''Unit of measure KG not supported for material RT677 in plant NG00

Message no. 29175''

What do i need to do as I have already maintained Kg as alternative unit of measure? or which other better way should i handle this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FOr your component

IN plant data/ stor, 1 view

Maintain the Unit of issue as Alternate UOM

While assigning a component in BOM, system will show the alternate uom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply, it worked, it allowed me to create the BOM using Kg for component RT677. But the new challenge i am now facing is that when I try to create a process order copyiing this BOM, it gives me the same unit (Kg) for component RT677 whose base unit of measure is Litres.

I actually want the process order to copy the BOM and use Litres for component RT677 based on the conversion factor which I have maintained in the Additional Data window of the material master.

The reason is that, the formulation done in the lab is measured in percentage weight, but this component weight is now scaled up to Litres when the component is pumped into the Blending Vessels as specified in their Blending Instruction.

Please how do I ensure that when the master recipe is copied during creation of the Process Order, that the unit of measure will be the base unit of measure (Litres) despite the fact that I have used the alternative unit of measure (Kg) for this component during creation of the BOM.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I try to create a process order, system gives me component RT667 in Kg but I desire it in Litres with the conversion factor considered. When I manually try to change the Unit of measurement of RT677 to Litres and press enter, I get the message ''Unit must be convertible in base unit of measure of unit of issue

Message no. CO764''

Please what do I do?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

For thsi you have to create a new unit of measurement through CUNI. and define this in Basic data , additional data tab

Regards

Bhupendra Singh