Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP run agnst remaining PIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

In strategy 40.

I gave PIR for 100 units and CIR for 50 units. Result is pln ord of 50 units. In MD62 we can see 50 units remaining req.

Now when Iu2019m running MRP agn I donu2019t want MRP to consider this remaining PIR req. What setting I shd make in configuration to achieve this?

Kindly assist.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirm for tghis you have to used the transaction MD74, MD75 and mD76 before runnung next MRP

Hopw so this will solve yours issues

Regards

Bhupendra Singh

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear In stratergy 40 if you have 100 PIR and 50 CIR then after MRP run CIR should consume 50 PIR so that planned orders for 50 PIR and Planned for 50 CIR should be created in your case only 1 planned order for 50 got created and 50 PIR was remained un changed which i don't think correct please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers

KK

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aman,

If my understanding is correct then the consumption mode,backward consumption period and forward consumption period

plays a major role during MRP with planning strategy 40.

Check with this and revert back.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Mangalraj,

yes you are right, my problem is solved, in consumption i gave adjusmnt period for PIR so it'll only not create PIR's for remaining qty's

Kiran,

you are right, it shd create 2 pln ords, but i don't wann this remaining PIR qty to generate pln ord n my problem is solve using consumption setting in plan parameters.

thanks for all help

i'm closing this thread

former_member1362664
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

This is the standard functionality of planning strategy 40. if you do not want this result either change the planning strategy 20 or delete the remaining PIR. Because wherever both PIR and CIR is take in to account system would consider bigger qty.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx for reply.

But I want to know how that remaining PIR will remain inactive for next MRP run? like manually I can go in MD62 n make it inactive but I've 1000's of such a PIR's in system for this I want to know any configuration so these PIR will get inactive for further MRP runs.

Kindly assist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any suggestion on this guru's ???

former_member1362664
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

This is the normal practice in case of 1000 entries you must have a reqmts plan for that. So that when ever you have to inactive that requirement it would not take so much time.

Regrds

Vivek