Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO BOM Header and BOM Items into COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have the following scenario:

From the SD side, we will have a material number which is known by customer which will differ from the production (internal) part number in the UoM only.

Example:

- material in SD: X: 1 set

- material in PP: Y: 2 PC

In conclusion, each material X will consist of 2 material Y. Well, our SD consultants propose the use of SO BOM for this case. They will define that X as a BOM header, and Y as the BOM items.

So, my question is, how are we able to record both the revenue and the cogs from the BOM header and the BOM items into COPA?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

BR, Erwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin

Sorry, but I could not catch what you are trying to ask.,., you have mixed up both business as well as SAP language, so am unable to catch

Can you cite your case more clearly please??

One point which I could catch is this - revenue and cogs can be recorded at that level which is marked as relevant to billing in SD item catg.... If Y is a component of X, then no revenue / cogs will be recorded at the level of Y

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I am sorry for causing any confusions.

Well, the case is to obtain both the BOM header and the BOM item cogs and revenue into COPA.

Thank you

BR, Erwin

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin

I guess its like a retial scenario where in you sell Razor and shave cream bundled into one pack... Hence, the bundled pack has a new product code where as you want revenue and COGS for both... is it right?

In Std SAP there is no solution... I am pasting links of 2 discussions that happened few months back

Hope you find them useful

br, Ajay M