Costing run Error

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are running CK40N for this month. But we are getting an error like this:

No cost field for fixed costs has been defined

Message no. CK256

Diagnosis

The cost rollup resulted in a cost element containing fixed costs that cannot be assigned in cost component structure 31 because cost component 001 was only defined for variable costs in Customizing.

System Response

The fixed costs for the cost element can be neither assigned nor rolled up.

When I checked the cost component structure, item 001 - Material cost is having only "variable costs". I dont understand from where this fixed cost is coming ? Material cost is coming from the material master data values, right ? Where we have entered a fixed cost value for material cost element, I am not getting. (Is it KP06)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI NIkkitha,

Material cost usually is variable only. It should be coming through the raw material consumption GL account . You may check anywhere you have mentioned any fixed cost to this GL in KP06 probably. Or is there any other secondary cost componesnts assigned to the cost component 001 which is having a fixed portion in kp26 by any chance? PLease check the same.

Best Regards

Vimal

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your complete Cost component structure in OKTZ

For each cost comp - check whether you have allowed both FIXED & VAR values or not

Allow both the fix and var values and it will be resolved

br, Ajay M

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

But ajay..I checked the OKTZ and for matrial cost only "variable values" are allowed. I can change this to Fixed and Variable.

But last time this error was not there. Suddenly why this month it is coming ?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

Are you sure that your cost estimate has just material costs?? if yes, then this error should not come...

moreover, check with your business whether they want to inventorize only variable costs?? If no, then allow both fix and var costs in OKTZ

br, Ajay M