cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Validation Webservice for new & change records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am planning to generate MDM webservices for validations.

I have 1 table in my repository and some validations defined on it under different groups.

What I want to know is,

1. Can i use the validation services for a new record to be created? what i need to pass for internal/record id there? (Similar to: ValidateNewRecordCommand in MDM Java API)

2. Modifying record, I always gets requirement to modify few fields of the MDM record. I mean i will get only those changed fields information + record id & not complete record information.

In this case, how can i make use validation service to check the modifying record? (with the new field values..) or i need to retrieve the record and then use it for validation?

any sort of help in this direction would be greatly helpful for analysis purpose.

Thanks,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

WS for update - u could use this MDMUpdateRecords

any of the following identifier needs to be passed

Table code and RecordId

○ Table code and remoteKey. No DataElement may be specified.

○ Table code and autoId, if the table has an autoId field

○ Table code and uniqueFields, as unique fields criteria, values of the unique record fields

and then u could uodate the record.

on using the validations during record creation : WS MDMCreateRecords

but i doubt if you could invoke the Validations while creating these !

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrivit,

Thanks for the response.

Does the MDMupdateRecords is it a validation functionality or you are talking about MDM record update itself?

I want to perform this validation separately & see output and not while during the save.

Could you also comment, What is the payload size usually? With a single Create/Modify MDM service, can we create multiple records?

Thanks,

Senthil