cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI is not allowed in past date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a situation where we want to post the PGI/Delivery on past date. I recieved the stock on 20-May so system should allow the PGI/Delivery on 20-May. But when trying to do PGI, system is throwing the error message "Deficit of BA unrestricted use. But it's allowing to post the PGI on today's date.

Is it not possible to post the PGI on past date or am I doing something wrong?

Please Help.

R.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly check this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your nice information. I am simulating with different options. Will update.

R.S

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is appropriate to move this thread from ERP-MM to [ERP SD Sales|; to get suitable responses.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You were trying to issue stock on past date / period which is closed.

If possible confirm stock on open period or on particular date(20-may) or else do PI adjustment

then do PGI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can post PGI in the previous period provided the period is open.In VL02N under item overview change the actual GI date to previous date .You will be able to post the document

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

I am getting the error which I mentioned in first message when I change the date to previous date.

Senthil

esther_hernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

You seem to have stock in the current period (June) but not in the previous period (May). For example, your situation might be as follows:

1st of May - Stock 0.

5th of May - GR of 5 PC.

-> 31st of May -> Close period.

You are now in june and your initial stock is 5 PC.

Therefore you have:

Current period (06 2011) = 5 PC

Previous period (05 2011) = 5 PC.

Now you post a GR on the 10th of June of 5 PC into the current period. The situation changes to:

Current period (06 2011) = 10 PC

Previous period (05 2011) = 5 PC.

On the 11th of June you try to post a goods issue of 10 PC into the previous period using as posting date 31st of may: you cannot because in may you have only 5 PC and not 10. The system will inform you about the stock deficit in the previous period.

MMBE shows only the current stock of the current period (for batches, from table MCHB).

To see the previous period stock check the History Table MCHBH.

I hope this helps you!

Esther.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just want to know, the batch you are using to post 20 qty is available at which date, is it available at 20th may or a date later to 20th may. As per my understanding if the batch is not available on 20th may in plant- storage location, the system will issue the deficit of Batch quanity error message which is resonable, isn't it.

So the way I see you have two option either you change the batch in the delivery adn put a batch which have sufficient quantity of material to be posted on 2oth may or else do the PGI with the same batch at the later date when the batch is available.

Also check if the batch you are using exist in plant-storage location in the batch master.

BR

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per Std process system will not allow you post previous dates.If you post also system will consider current date only.The error you are getting may be be some different reason ,It seems system checking old requirements.Your delivery should have old delivery date but always PGI date shuld be current date.

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the Delivery Confirmation Date in the Sales Order or STO. Just carry out the availability check once again and in Delivery VL02N, maintain the date on which you want to carryout PGI in field "Actual GI Date".