cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude holidays in requirement date calculation for Subcr. component

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this requirement.

Requirement:

To make the calculation of Requirement Date for Subcontracting component exclude holidays.

Assembly Material 'A' with Planned delivery lead time of 7 Days.

Material 'B' is a Component for Assembly Material 'A'.

Subcontracting Scheduling agreement is created for Assembly Material 'A'.

When MRP creates a delivery line for Assembly Material 'A', the component's Requirement Date (the date on which the component material is supplied to the vendor) is calculated as follows.

Requirement Date of Component material 'B' = Delivery date of Assembly Material 'A' - Planned delivery lead time of Material 'A'.

The problem is that this calculation takes even Saturdays and Sundays into consideration. We want the system to exclude holidays from the calculation (based on any factory calender).

For example, if the planned delivery time is 7 days and the delivery date for the assembly is 14.06.2011, system calculates the component requirement dateas 07.06.2011 This calculation is including Saturday and Sunday (11th and 12th).

Is there any way to change this using any configuration or badi/exit so that the calculation will exclude the holidays maintained in factory calendar?

Best regards,

Ranjeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before proceeding with any enhancement, please re-read the requirement you have. Based on the info. provided it is hard to infer what is the need for it.

Unless I have understood it wrongly (correct me if I so), you want the component (child part of the sub-con assy.) need date as 3rd June,2011. Can you let us know why you want the component to have a demand date before the actual start date of the parent assembly at your subcon vendor? Is it that you want to create the PO & deliver the parts even before it is due to start?

0 Kudos

@Vivek - Yes, it should be 03.06.2011. This is because the vendor needs this component to manufacture the assembly for us. So the component should reach him beforehand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then why not incorporate the time it takes to transport the components to the vendor in your PDT instead of trying to write an enhancement for this?

I believe the value in PDT is meant to contain those details & not just the time it takes for the vendor to make. Strongly suggest to take help from your MM consultant on this.

former_member207609
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you may consider the BADI MD_MRP_PARAMETERS, this can change the value of material master imported in MRP, which includes the planned delivery time (The method ADJUST_MATERIAL_MASTER_PARAMS can be used.), you then check the dates of factory calender in advance and increase the planned delivery time to make the date jump over holidays. This method is called when reading respecitve MRP elements.

E.g. in your example, you can change the planned delivery time to 9 days for the case. Since each MRP elements may have different dates, the calculated planned delivery time could be different.

Additionally, you can also use the BADI MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA, this includes many methods which can change the data of MRP element imported, you may check if you can change the date of components of subcontracting as you want. This might be much easier than the first BADI.

Leon.

Regards.

0 Kudos

@ Leon - Thanks a lot. I will check these with my technical guy and let you know the results.