Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA environment in SAP CRM ecommerce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

My doubt are below mentioned.

1. Why &how we use JAVA for web shop.

2. If I'm not wrong web shop fulfills every requirement of e-commerce than why we develop this in Java.

3. Can you give me some input about the architecture of e-commerce?

4. As I know using standard web shop we can place the orders and other activity as well.

5. If we develop the configuration setting in GUI weather this can be seen in web shop automatically or any setting needed for this also.

Thanks in advance & waiting for your response

BLR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Why &how we use JAVA for web shop.

>> JAVA (J2EE) is integral part of the SAP CRM E-Commerce (web channel) architecture. This is based on NETWEAVER application which also involves TREX server for displaying images in the web shop product catalog. There are certain JSP pages which controls the order processing from SAP CRM webshop

2. If I'm not wrong web shop fulfills every requirement of e-commerce than why we develop this in Java.

>> As mentioned above the architecture of E-Commerce is such that the WEB SHOP UI is based on JAVA and various JSP's used to control the various functionalities through web shop

3. Can you give me some input about the architecture of e-commerce?

>> You will get the E-Commerce Architecture in SAP's book - CR800 which is specifically for E-Commerce.

4. As I know using standard web shop we can place the orders and other activity as well.

>> Yes. Through web shop (Business to Business - B2B, Business to Consumer - B2C, Business on Behalf - BoB), you can place the orders. Also, with the product catalog functionalities you can show different products of business, their availability, images etc. Transactions such as order template, quotations, orders are available from webshop.

5. If we develop the configuration setting in GUI weather this can be seen in web shop automatically or any setting needed for this also.

>> The base configuration such as transaction type, item category, item category determination, pricing procedure remains same in the back end GUI. Extra configurations such as Product Catalog set up (through T-Code - comm_pcat_adm), Shopadmin settings, XCM settings are additional settings required as a part of configuration.

Hope this will be useful.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See if this article is of some help to you....

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e60be90-0201-0010-49b0-f57cfeeb5...

Below would be more resourceful for you....

but it would require market place login ID:

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000469462006E/SAP_ISA50_DevAndExtGuide.pdf