cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong user ID in import history

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

There is an unusual Behavior observed in import history for some of my systems. Generally, in the imoprt history screen, if you do GOTO -> Display More, the column user shows the userID who has performed import for the particular request. However, in my case, the userID shown is TMSADM irrespective of the userIDs used for the import. Can somebody explain this strange behavior?

Thanks

Javed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello,

This is caused by extra wrong authorizations to user TMSADM, as explained in SAP note 1797170:

Return user TMSADM to the default authorizations (S_A.TMSADM) it was delivered with.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Javed,

If the trans directory is shared with different landscape then it will use the RFC user TMSADM to import the request from the different trans.

Please goto system overview and check the trans_DIR it will be shared with different landscape .

Regards,

Sumit

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If anybody has transported any request through OS level then you will see the user YMSADM over there.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhash

I know that. But the user name shown is TMSADM even for imports done from SAP and with any userID.

However, in my case, the userID shown is TMSADM irrespective of the userIDs used for the import.

Thanks

Javed

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well first are you sure they are using their user accounts?... have you check the security logs?.. have you check that TMSADM is a system user and not a dialoh one?... does this happen with your own account?.. are they importing the transports locally or using any tools?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

Thanks for stepping in!

Well, the user TMSADM is a system user and I am experiencing the same behavior with my user ID too. And yes, I am doing import manually and not through any tool. That is why I said it is a strange observation. Do you know if this is happening due to any parameter or some configuration?

By the way, which security logs are you referring to?

Thanks

Javed

Edited by: Javed Sapstar on Jun 13, 2011 12:30 PM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was talking about SM20 to see if someone was logging in as TMSADM but that doesnt seem to be the case...

Now as far as I know this is not parameter related... but just in case you can compare your Transport tool parameters in STMS against a system that is working fine.

Having said that let me do a bit of testing but I don't have a strait answer for you just now

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you doing the transport on the target system or you are doing them from the source?.... I mean, if the transport is done using an RFC the user of the RFC is TMSADM, so If you are logged in your DEV system and import a transport been in DEV into QA then the RFC will be called and TMSADM will be executing the transport. Does it make sense?, Is this the case?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

I am doing import from the same system. Sitting in PROD and importing in PROD too.

By the way, I feel you are right about RFC. The system is indeed using the RFC for import, even for the same system but how I can't understand. By the way I just noticed something. The TMS setting for Prod is setup like this

Transport Domain:

Name:DOMAIN_PRD

Controller : PRD

Backup: DEV

Transport Group:

Name : GROUP_DEV

RFC Address:

SYSTEM: PRD

Target Host: <prodcution hostname>

User: TMSADM

I did a RFC check with the button alongside and RFC check is fine. The difference with this setting and the other system setting, where this is working fine is that Transport group is set to GROUP_PRD in other systems whereas here it is GROUP_DEV. But I am unable to make the connection with the observation and result. Maybe you can see something in it.

Thanks

Javed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javed,

If you do not have shared trans directory , then they are automatically registered into different transport groups. so that should not be the case. I suggest you raise the issue with SAP

former_member270355
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hallo Javed,

we go the same error. Have you got a solution from SAP?

Thanks

Gregor