Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving goods to RECV or dynamic bin [PO number] - 101 movement type - WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I could see settings as Goods go to 902 RECV for standard 101 movement Type

for 901 movement type [Custom] 903 and scr ticked, scr for dynamic bin[PO number]

Why cant Standard SAP have scr ticked allways so that dynamic bin number[PO number] will be easy to understand from where [which document] stocks coming from

I need to configure putaway, wondering to receive to RECV or using scr option

please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one please state cons/Pro cons of

- Receiving goods to RECV

- Receiving to dynamic bin [PO number]

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

It's simple if you are using the dynamic bin function then every time you do the GR against a PO it will be received in a BIN with the name as your PO number, it may happen that your PO have 10 different line items but same material, so all the PO line item quanitity will be received in one bin your PO number in question.

Else what you can do you can have the material document number as BIN number for every GR 101 movement, check which option is caters your requirement.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response ...

My Question is Which of below is prefered solution

Receiving materials to RECV Bin OR Receiving to dynamics Bin [PO numbers] in 902 Storage Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well If I am not mistaken we are talking about the interim storage type here for GR 101, isn't it?

So for Interim storage, you have the following option for storage bins:

1. Predefined coordinate for the bin

2. Dynamic coordinate (Po or the GR mat doc number)

3. Fixed bin coordinate.

*bin coordinates are the number range template if i can put it in simple words.

So SAP has provided you all the option you need, all are industry best solutions, the one that suites your requirement implement that.

BR

Answers (0)