cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax code and GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

can we assign 2 or more GL to a particular tax code.........

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

What is your exact requirement?

If the condition types and accounting keys are different in the same tax code, you can assign multiple GL Accounts. For eg, Tax Code is 10% Service Tax and 4% VAT, than in that case, it necessarily has to go to seperate GL Accounts. The Tax Code will look like

Desecription Condition Type Account KeyService Tax on Basic @ 10% ZSER ZS1

VAT @ 4% ZVAT ZV1

Here in OB40, you can assign two seperate GL Accounts against multiple condition types since the accounting keys are seperate.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

my requirement is that....there are two company codes are sharing same COA and if they are having two different GL for one particular tax type........

In this case can i use only one tax code and assign it to two different GLs.

is it possible or i have to create two tax codes(same nature) for two company codes.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

ideally, you should keep same GL for one tax code accross all company codes who are having one common CoA. Else, create another tax code. It can not have two seperate GLs

Raj

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Tax code are created at client level and are not company code specific , however creating two GLs and two tax code, One GL opened in one company while 2nd in the other company will resolve your issue.Configure it in OB40.Butt it does not look good idea to me to create two tax code and two Gls.

Regards

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

If the tax type, rate and nature are same, than for the two company codes havinbg same COA, you should ideally assign the same GL Account.

regards

Sanil

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

No you can not do that. You can check in FTXP, A tax code can only be assigned to one GL.

Regards