Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding few new fields to Custom infotype already developed

former_member654348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement to add new fields to already available custom infotype. I have to edit the PS structure and add few fields there and activate it. My question is, when I tick on "Generate Objects" after maintaining the PS structure, it will show pop up boxes asking whether to overwrite those objects already exists, shall I tick it or exit? Because the code is already written in the module pool for some validations,if I regenerate the objects, will the complete code will be erased?

Please guide me in this regard.

Thanks,

Pallavi.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to regenerate objects, for changes to reflect.

Since the objects are regenrated, the custom validation codes should get overwritten.

To be on safe side, you can copy this infotype to a dummy infotype and regenerate the code and check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideally, in this case we go for only screen re-generation(after amending PS structure) and not all objects. This would prevent your include programs from being overwritten and hence the source code will not be erased.

Edited by: rumhat on Jun 13, 2011 1:18 PM