Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: OPTIMIZER_INDEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Experts

When I executes DBChek i am getting following error

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: OPTIMIZER_INDEX_COST_ADJ, value: 20 (<= 20)

already checked the database parameter for OPTIMIZER_INDEX_COST_ADJ is 20,

Thanks in advance

KHS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please, read slowly the message you are getting:

> BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: OPTIMIZER_INDEX_COST_ADJ, value: 20 (<= 20)

Lets try to understand it.

1.- It is telling you that your parameter is currently set to 20 (and that is a correct value as per relevant SAP note that you have checked)

2.- it is telling you that the current value is lower or equal to a specified valued to be checked against (<=20)

so, what could be the "problem", your parameter setting is OK, and the check is telling you the true, but you do not want the "warning"

perhaps the check is not properly configured?

of course 0.o

it should be checking if the value is different than 20, not lower or equal to 20

therefore, you have to change the check

this is done with DB17, go to that transdaction and change the check (perhaps it is DB16, right now I'm not 100% sure which one is display and which one is for change)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The value is correct, change the "Check condition" on DB17 to avoid the warning.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already checked SAP Note 830576 - Parameter recommendations for Oracle 10g