Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Which method of MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA to use?

Dear all,

We have an enhancement require to touch on this BADI, and I am confused base on our following business requirement, which of the right method to modify:

Requirement:

1 - QUOTATION: We would like to exclude Sales Quotation from MRP. A quotation is an offer to the customer and we cannot be sure that it ends up being converted into an actual sales order. It is therefore very critical that our production excludes these as demand.

2 - PR: We would like to exclude the Purchasing Requisition from MRP. If we have a requisition on the local sales company plant then it is important that the distribution center do not purchase based on this on but doesnu2019t react before the requisition is converted into a stock transfer order in the sales company.

These are the following methods (out of 26) which depict very similar to my requirement, and am wondering if which one of them is correct to use:

A - CHANGE_MDPSX_VBBE or CHANGE_MDPSX_VBBS to exclude the quotation base on our requirement for quotation stated above? the different is that one is total sale requrement while another is individual requirement? which is one is correct to use for this enhancement?

B - CHANGE_MDPSX_EBAN or CHANGE_MDPSX_MDBS or CONSIDER_THIRDPARTY to exclude the PR base on our requirement for PR stated above?

Thanks.

Former Member
Former Member replied

@DB49: I believe this thread from tuffy links to another thread where-in a statement to the effect that only in production plant they do not want this need to be considered for MRP, where-as in the sales plant they want it to be considered. Hence the need for BADI. (I presume they have some sound business need for this).

@Tuffy: If my understanding of your business need is not right, then please follow steps as provided by Mr. DB49, which should prevent you from trod-ding down the development path.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question