cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which method of MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA to use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have an enhancement require to touch on this BADI, and I am confused base on our following business requirement, which of the right method to modify:

Requirement:

1 - QUOTATION: We would like to exclude Sales Quotation from MRP. A quotation is an offer to the customer and we cannot be sure that it ends up being converted into an actual sales order. It is therefore very critical that our production excludes these as demand.

2 - PR: We would like to exclude the Purchasing Requisition from MRP. If we have a requisition on the local sales company plant then it is important that the distribution center do not purchase based on this on but doesnu2019t react before the requisition is converted into a stock transfer order in the sales company.

These are the following methods (out of 26) which depict very similar to my requirement, and am wondering if which one of them is correct to use:

A - CHANGE_MDPSX_VBBE or CHANGE_MDPSX_VBBS to exclude the quotation base on our requirement for quotation stated above? the different is that one is total sale requrement while another is individual requirement? which is one is correct to use for this enhancement?

B - CHANGE_MDPSX_EBAN or CHANGE_MDPSX_MDBS or CONSIDER_THIRDPARTY to exclude the PR base on our requirement for PR stated above?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Sorry,

Added to Question B, there are actually, two more methods which can be use in my case (CHANGE_MDPSX_MDUA, CHANGE_MDPSX_MDUP ).

Thus, let me make a summary,

What Method following accurately can be used for my requirement enhancement for PR?

CONSIDER_THIRDPARTY

CHANGE_MDPSX_EBAN

CHANGE_MDPSX_MDBS

CHANGE_MDPSX_MDUP

CHANGE_MDPSX_MDUA

What methods following accurately can be used for my requirement enhancement for Sales's quotation?

CHANGE_MDPSX_VBBE

CHANGE_MDPSX_VBBS

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Does anyone know my question?

vivek, do you know?

thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think for exclusion of Stock Transfer PR I have replied in one of your other threads, so refer to the same.

As regards to exclusion of sales quotations, the method to use is - CHANGE_MDPSX_VBBE

If you're the SD person then am sure you would know what info you need to provide to your abaper, if not, then strongly suggest that you work with your SD consultant on this one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tuffy,

With respect to the sales quotation, this type of business requirement is normally addressed in SD; you can easily configure a quotation doc such that it does not pass requirements to MRP.

Assuming order type QT and Item category AGN or AGNN (VOV4), standard allowable Schedule line categories are typically BN or BP.(VOV5). BN is not relevant for either ATP nor MRP (OVZ8). You can remove BP from the quotation item categories in VOV5, at which time your QT order would always invoke BN, and never be relevant for MRP. Alternatively, you could make BP not relevant for MRP in OVZ8. The choice would depend upon other configurations and your other business requirements..

I would think you would want to use standard functionality in lieu of an enhancement. Speak to your local SD expert before embarking upon BADI programming.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

@DB49: I believe this thread from tuffy links to another thread where-in a statement to the effect that only in production plant they do not want this need to be considered for MRP, where-as in the sales plant they want it to be considered. Hence the need for BADI. (I presume they have some sound business need for this).

@Tuffy: If my understanding of your business need is not right, then please follow steps as provided by Mr. DB49, which should prevent you from trod-ding down the development path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49 and Vivek,

Your input are valuable.

Further question:

If we want the ATP to still run on the Quotation, but not to include as MRP-relevant, I am wondering if I just make sure my customized-scheduled line item category to CHECK the "Availability" checkbox, and UNCHECK both the "Req/Assembly" and "Prod Allocation" checkbox?

THanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you're not a newbie in this forum & know very well that it is against the forum rules to keep adding queries in the same thread.

Once your initial query is addressed close the same & if there is any other query which has not been addressed before (i.e. after using the search feature) raise a new one.

Anyways for the new query which you just posted, flag the check boxes in OVZG & OVZ8 for availability & do a test.

Answers (0)