Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP issue.

former_member210677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using an ECC to FTP(File) scenario with several schedules running But We notice an issue with some idoc's getting posted to FTP with an overwrite issue at a particular schedule.

for EX) We do have a couple of schedules at 00:15 am, 01:15 am and so on to 08:15 am with several intervals during which idoc's are posted to FTP. Here we are not facing issue with any of the schedules other than 08:15 am. At this particular time (08:15am) we get complaint from FTP site as overwritten issues for couple of days.

Could anyone help me how to overcome this issue by guiding me to check the necessary steps.

Appreciate for the quick response.

Thanks

Ranganath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I belive there is a parallel processing carried out while processing the IDOCS, which means when the data are processed in SAP Idocs are processed randomly resulting processing multiple Idocs at the same time. The best possible way to process the IDocs is to collect all the IDOCS in SAP system(useing the packet concept) and send it in sequentially to PI system. Each Idocs number should be independent of the other one as each Idoc is independent of the other one.

hope this helps

Cheers,

Jay

former_member210677
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Jay,

We already implemented this by using IDOC bundling through BPM and it was running from long ago.

But now there was an upgrade of a SP done recently and after that we started facing this issue.

all the configurations are looking fine and now I see there is an issue in Communication Channel having multiple message Id's carrying different payloads at the same time.

Today we've seen 01:15:07,01:16:02,01:15:04,01:15:07 timings in CC which is carrying diff. payloads and causing file overwrite issue in FTP.

Please let me know how to overcome this situation.

Thanks & Regards,

Ranganath.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranganath,

Please check whether the output files are having same name or not. At 8:15 this may be the case that multiple writings are taking place to same filename. In such case try generating dynamic filename for each file produced.

regards

Anupam

former_member210677
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Anupam/Jay

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.

Here when I did check in IDX5 I could see two idoc's with same idoc number, getting processed in a single message Id

for ex) if we consider an idoc num as 40161632 the processing time for this idoc is from 17:52:39 to 17:52:59 at first time and immediately there is another message at 17:52:59 to 18:03:08 which is also having the same idoc number.

so could you please let me know how to rectifiy.

Thanks & Regards,

Ranganath.

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Here when I did check in IDX5 I could see two idoc's with same idoc number, getting processed in a single message Id

Please check sap note [1559965|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1559965] if it helps.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranganath,

Till date I never knew that PI can receive two consecutive idocs with same idoc number.

Right now I checked our PI server with idx5 to find any such case for a long period of time. I could find no such cases. Could you please kindly check the process in which idocs are being triggered into PI . One scenario in which this might be possible is that say you have multiple clients of the system which is sending iodcs to PI. Then individual idoc's received from each of the client might have same idoc number.

In the source systems say client A and client B are sending idocs. They will generate the consecutive idoc numbers starting from one particular starting number. I mean to say that the range of idoc numbers generated for each idoc is configured in each client. You need to ensure that each of this range is different from other. Say client A generates idoc number from 100000- 200000 and client B from 300000-400000. Then the problem of same idoc number cannot occur.

Finally in case a single client is sending idocs with same idoc number somehow, then one way may be to change the contents of the table IDXSNDPOR. you can create a new index using transaction SE11.

regards

Anupam

Edited by: anupamsap on Jun 14, 2011 12:28 PM

Edited by: anupamsap on Jun 14, 2011 12:37 PM

Edited by: anupamsap on Jun 14, 2011 3:08 PM

former_member210677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for providing your suggestions.

Following your points I went through a thorough check wherein I found a Port(2 ports) issue which are generating dual idocs with the same idoc. Now we had corrected that.

But we got a new issue with the receiver communication channel now. We are noticing two different payloads with different message id's getting processed at the same time which is causing an overwrite issue.

for ex) At 1:15:06 we did see two message id's getting processed in communication channel monitoring with 2 different payloads. which is again causing a file overwrite issue in FTP.

Could you please help me in resolving this.

Appreciate for helping

Thanks & Regards,

Ranganath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the details provided i belive there is no problem in the XI configuration.

If the problem is occuring at a perticular interval of time then it would be better if you can investigate other stuffs occuring at that time.

1. Check if the FTP response time is high at that time then when your XI system is trying to push files at that perticular time it is failing and due to multiple processing of the files in the XI system which is ready for pushing the file in that location.

Check if there are any jobs running in the FTP location or any CRON(ASK UR IS TEAM) job running at that time.

2. Check your XI system if there are multiple file processing or huge file processing at that time, If it so then the processed Idocs are cumulated and it overrites while doing FTP.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jay

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>>>>>>>some idoc's getting posted to FTP with an overwrite issue at a particular schedule

Make sure that the quality of service matches the one expected by the process.