cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom fields on TCODE : RECN on General Tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP,

I want to add a custom field on TCODE : RECN on General Tab...to add a Custom field i have implimented the SAP NOTE :

SAP Note 690900 - User-defined real estate master data I have done it STEP BY STEP...Without missing single step...and i have rechecked 10 times. i can add the CUSTOM FILED on the General tab on the TCODE : RECN.

BUT...

When i give some some data on the custom filed and SAVE it says '' SAVING NOT NECESSARY AS NO DATA IS CHANGED"

I have recheked my CONFIG and my ABAP LOGIC...it is according to the note...i am not missing..anything.

through my naked EYE i may be not seeing it...but with your help i can defenitely find what i have not done and what i am missing....

looking for your info...

thank you,

pasala.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pasala,

the screen field of the additional field has to refer to the structure RECN_CONTRACT_CI which has also to be used in field definition in BDT.

Regards, Franz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pasala,

I assume you have done following as I have no patience to read the whole note u mentioned to find out what you did )

1. Config - field grps, view (assign FM), view and screen seq etc. that is why you are able to see the field on screen to enter.

2. Created a screen, added a field again thats why u see the field, created PBO and PAI function module and assigned to views in config.

3. In the PBO function module assigned in the view - do you read data on screen that is read the Contract data you are working on. dynamically. use API to do that if you are not doing it already = API_RE_CN_GET_DETAIL.

4. In PAI function module you created, call API = API_RE_CN_CHANGE and pass the CI data changed = "X" and the contract data.

5. The screen modules PBO and PAI usually are standard in BDT unless you want to do some funky stuff.

Let me know if this does not resolve ur issue.

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jag,

thanks for the reply...

*3. In the PBO function module assigned in the view - do you read data on screen that is read the Contract data you are working on. dynamically. use API to do that if you are not doing it already = API_RE_CN_GET_DETAIL.

this is where my PROBLEM stays...i cant read the data on the screen...I mean By the time programme reaches MY SCREEN (CUSTOM SCREEN) I created...i loose the MAIN DATA (i loose the contract and all other data ) thus am not able to do anything froom here.

your input will help me.

pasala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

looking for some info pls....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pasala,

Please always mention as much as information you can if you want others to spend time and provide correct information.

1. As I mentioned make sure you have assigned correct function modules in the view in the Configuration.

2. In PAI and PBO function module you are supposed to get the instance of the Contract data.

• Get instance of actual object

CALL FUNCTION 'REGC_GET_BUSOBJ'

IMPORTING

eo_busobj =

ed_activity =

You can pass this object to get detail API and get all the information.

3. In PBO and PAI Modules of the screen flow logic you need to call function modules BUS_PBO and BUS_PAI respectively.

4. If you still can't resolve this issue you need me onsite or someone who has done BDT before.

Good luck!!!

Jag

Shwetha58shetty
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am Facing the same Issue. can you please guide me to resolve this.

Regards,

Shwetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

How unfortunate that no one knew what the problem is?