cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal Year Shift +1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I searched through the forum for an answer to fiscal year shift +1 but could not find a proper answer or reason why +1 should be used. I have a situation that company fiscal starts from April 2011 Mar 2012. However client want to have fiscal year as per country requirement 2012. I have setup year shift +1 from April 2011 to Dec 2011 and 0 from Jan 2012 to Mar 2012. Posted some documents for Jun 2011 which got posted with Fiscal Year 2012 according to my Fiscal Year setup. However, when i am posting a recurring document in T-Code F.14 getting message "No recurring document could be selected which would have corresponded to the selection criteria you specified. The session SAPF120 was therefore not created.". I have input correct parameters so no issue in parameter settings.

I changed the fiscal year shift for April 2011 - Dec 2011 to "0" and Jan 2012 - Mar 2012 to "-1". In this case F.14 works.

Please advise what i should told to my client?

Thanks,

Naseem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandra for your beutiful explanition and solution. Also thanks Kameshwar for your advise. I was able to fix the problem. The problem was Settlement date.

So what i have done in this case i run F.15 to see the recurring document list and choose one of the documents for details look. Used the same parameter as was saved with recurring document. Used the First Run Date as settlement date and system executed the F.14.

I really appreciate your help and prompt replies.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

System should work both the ways i.e.+1 year shift or -1 year shift

if system still gives problem use -1 year shift

there wont be any difference , explain the client with the same

Thanks

Kameshwar Rao

chandrasekharbadeti_chand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using April to March Fiscal Year (In this 2 calendar years are involved)

When to use Shift -1

April to Dec first Calendar Year and Jan to March in next Calendar Year.

If you are using 1st Calendar Year as Fiscal Year, then use Shift -1 for Jan to March. then system matches to FY which you specified. that means 2nd Calendar Year (Jan to March) -1 = FY as you specified in the settings.

When to use Shift +1

April to Dec first Calendar Year and Jan to March in next Calendar Year.

If you are using 2nd Calendar Year as Fiscal Year, then use Shift +1 for April to Dec. then system matches to FY which you specified. that means 1st Calendar Year (April to Dec) +1 = FY as you specified in the settings.

I think now you have cleared. Please let me know still if you have any confusion.

Best Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandra and of course this is helpful as well.

Fortunately I have tried both way i.e. first calender by using -1 for Jan - Mar 2012 and in this scenario Recurring Entries are working. But my client requirement is to use 2012 as Calender Year. Therefore and as your said, I used +1 for Apr 2011 to Dec 2011. But the problem in this scenario is I am unable to complete F.14 as i mentioned in my replies. With +1 setting a recurring documents gets saved with e.g. 13th Jun 2011 posting and transcation date but fiscal year is 2012 as per configuration. Somehow execution of F.14 unable to find a document. As I mentioned in our earlier replies I have done all parameters techniques but still system can not find an recurring documents. When i use -1 year shift as i mentioned above, F.14 finds the recurring document.

Any other advise or solution to my client problem to use Fiscal Yar 2012 instead of 2011 please.

Regards!

Edited by: AamirKhan on Jun 14, 2011 3:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI AmeerKhan,

in F.14, when you enter the parameters, have u given the fiscal year 2012.

sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your setting for the fiscal year shift+1 is ok. I would request you to please go through the parameter again. there may be sm thing incorrect.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Uday,

As i mentioned in my reply i have thoroughly checked the parameters and tried different combination without any success. I have also tried with 2011, 2012 and with no fiscal year. Also tried to give fiscal year range from 2011 to 2012. In any case this is not happening. The only way Recurring works if I use "-1" shift and not "+1" shift. Documents are recording properly and i have reviewed the entry date, posting date and document date and found all fine.

Please experts help me in this regard

Regards!

Edited by: AamirKhan on Jun 13, 2011 1:53 PM