cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How a storage location can be made Unrestricted stock or Quality stock always?

What is the relation between Storage location and stocks?

Please explain

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PollyGan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At storage location level, it's possible to have unrestricted stock(MARD-LABST) and QI stock(MARD-INSME).

User can post different stock types into certain storage location, this is controlled by user.

>>What is the relation between Storage location and stocks?

->Not really sure about your question. Normally we put the stock into storage location under certain plant.

Anyway, you can check table MARD which stores "Storage Location Data for Material".

Thanks and regards,

Polly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your explanation..

I have storage location named 0007 Quality.

Is there any setting is there that, whenever i use this storage location, the material stock should go to Quality stock only?

Please advice.

Regards

PollyGan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, I don't think so.

Best regards,

Polly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want to transfer a quality stock from storage loc 0007 to another storage location 0001 in quality stock itself.

What are the steps and which tcode should i use?

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use Tcode MB1B with movement type 323

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

If you want to transfer one or many materials from one storage location to another storage location you can use Transfer Posting option in T.code MIGO and movement type as 311 or 411.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can post the material to quality while posting GR during MIGO transaction to that storage location, or can also define during creating a PO to post the material in quality. Or could specify in customization for a particular plant that material should go in quality inspection, but specifying for the plant all the material that are procured all will go to quality inspection.

0 Kudos

Hi

Activate storage location authorization for individual storage locations.

Storage location authorization means a user will have a authorization for object to enter a goods movement in the storage location, using particular movement type.

In customization go to Inventory management then Authorization management then go to Authorization check for storage location.

Hope this will help you.

former_member1278972
Participant
0 Kudos