cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Preloader To A Dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one please guide me how to add a preloaded (loading cursor ) in my existing dashboard that will take the background loading processes as a reference. Is there any standard way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ever you add a new connection in the Manage Connections tab, you will get an additional tab of usage this include the option of loading status. You can use that option.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the instant reply. can u please give some explanation how to use these options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to enable load cursor in xcelsius is clearly explained here.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Sri.

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Loading Status" option is available with each embedded connection. Where Loading message would be the alert message for display, (or to be used for dynamic visibility ). this message will get populated at the cell targeted by the "Insert In" , while the connection is active (or in other words while data is being fetched from the back end server). "Idle Message " as the name implies this message gets populated in the same cell while particular connection is Idle.

We can use the message to show the same with the help of label or use it to display some other form of alerts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sri and Debjit!

My problem is that some queries are taking little bit longer than other connections (in RSRT). How to handle that.

DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can concatenate all those values comming from each connection and use an if condition to verify whether it is same as that of intended string (it is for idle message). if it is not then display the alert message.

You can also use preorder flash files (swf) freely available in the internet change the dynamic visibility accordingly.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!!!