cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Db owner does not see instance after migrating 11g

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Today I migrated our Oracle PRD db from 10.2.0.4 to 11.2.0.2. User prdadm brought up the instance , SAP is up and OK. But, the db owner is oraprd and when I log on as "/ as sysdba", I get a "connected to an idle instance" message. But the instance and SAP are up. ALso when I access the db thru sqlplus on my PC I get ora-01034 (oracle not available) and ora-27101 (shared memory realm does not exist)

Our environ is AIX 5.3 Technology Level 10 SP5,

SAP ABAP kernel 7.00 SP 15.

Appreciate your comments, best rgds.

Claudio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cladio,

Could you check "Note 491174 - Composite SAP note for ORA-01034"?

Various problems may occur with ORA-01034:

Access to Oracle fails and the system issues the following error:

ORA-01034: ORACLE not  available
The system may also issue the following message as a follow-on error:

ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
The system writes the following entries to the work process traces or the trace file of R3trans or saplicense:

C  *** ERROR => OCI-call 'olog' failed: rc = 1034
C  *** ERROR => CONNECT failed with sql error '1034'
When you call SQLPLUS, the system issues the following message:

Connected to an idle instance.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Edited by: Orkun Gedik on Jun 13, 2011 9:06 AM

0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Thanks for your answers. I followed metalink note 974515.1 in which you have to goto $ORACLE_HOME/oracore/zoneinfo, and create links like this:

$ ln -s timezone_11.dat timezone.dat

$ ln -s timezlrg_11.dat timezlrg.dat

Apparently the installer does not do this job ; also I had my ORACLE_HOME = /oracle/PRD/11202 and Oracle does not like this. So I set it to /oracle/PRD/112_64

Everything is OK now, thanks for your suggestions.

Rgds,

Claudio

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just to add: there's also a SAP note for that:

1601344 - After an upgrade to 11.1 or 11.2 SQLPLUS no longer works

Markus

0 Kudos

THis SAP note was created after I told the OSS consultant the issue was fixed following the metalink note. (as always, OSS database consultants lag and do not do good enough research)

However the SAP note's title is misleading, because sqlplus DOES start up in the server ; the problem is it cannot verify if the instance is up or down.

Another issue I ran into, as you very well know Markus, is that the oracle client on my PC could not log on to the instance so my sqlplus and oracle sql developer were useless.

Turned out the oracle_home in listener.ora was set to 11202 instead of 112_64, which is the link the installer creates.

Also there are several undocumented issues when migrating, so this is the most problematic upgrade I have done. (I started upgrading SAP oracle since release 8.1.7)

kind regards all,

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai...

I think there is some problem with post installation upgrade issue,

just copy past the data base trace log for exact error.

KHS