Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Newbie] How to select repository objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to develop some little helpers for me. But I havent found an answer to the following simple question:

How can I select repository objects within ABAP programs?

There is of course the select from statement for table queries. But how can you query repository objects with some attributes or all objects in a package?

Thanks!

Regards,

Laura

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Please check the tables starting with the name DD.

It indicates data dictionary.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

You can look up the tables, TADIR, TRDIR, TFDIR etc...it depends on what is that you are looking for, could you provide more information on your requirement?

Regards,

Chen

0 Kudos

Hi Chen,

my wish is to implement a small tool for ITSmobile. The ABAP Workbench offers not any help, to check quickly which of the underlying dynpros has changed after the HTML template generation. Manually re-generating of all HTML templates, or manually comparing of the last changed date of dynpro and html template are of time-consuming and therefore annoying.

I would like to implement a small report, which compares the last change date of both dynpro and html template and lists only the changed dnypros after template creation.

SE16 --> TADIR

Programm-ID: R3TR

Objekttyp:IATU

There are indeed some data about the RF/ITS dynpros. But I need for both dynpro and html template the last change date.

The function key F1 provides following data:

W3TEMPATTR (Structure)

TDATE (IACCHDATE)

There is also the class/interface CL_W3_TEMPLATE...

But I haven't realized in the source code how this structure ( W3TEMPATTR) is filled.

Many thanks for your hints!

Regards,

Laura

0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Could you try with the below tables, and see if they provide the information you are looking for, i am not too savvy with Web Dynpro.

IACHTML

IACFLOW

IACTL

IACTU

Regards,

Chen

0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

please take a look to the simple abap posted at the following link:

[Massive Download of HTML Templates|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/MassivedownloadofHTMLtemplates].

It could be a good starting point for the development of your utilities.

Regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos

Please check the tables starting with the name DD.

It indicates data dictionary.