cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota arrangement and Scheduling agreements/Lines

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there a relationship between these two?

I see in ME01 source list, there is a field for agreements and if I dont use quota arrangements, MRP will get the source from source list and if agreement exists then will create schedule lines.

what if I have quota arrangements? will it still create schedule lines or will just create Purchase Reqs?

my requirement is

I have a two vendors and I need 50% of material A from vendor x and 50% from Vendor y

if I use quota arrangements , I will have two PR generated. I do not want to generate PR, instead I want to generate schedule lines. so I will create schedule agreements for both vendors. how can I link these scheduling agreements with quota arrangements,so when I run MRP system should look for quota arrangements and and create schedule lines based on the % I gave in quota arrangements

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dheeraj_vaishampayan
Active Contributor

Hi,

Few checks to be done for making this work:

1. ME01 - vendor should be marked as relevant to MRP i.e. Source List Usage in Materials Planning should be set to 2 in case of schedule agreements

2. MM02 - check the field u2018Quota arrangement usageu2019 material master. You will find this field on tab MRP 4 and the value should be 3 or 4

3. check the customizing settings for the lot-size, please check if the flag u2018splitting quotau2019 is checked

Hope this helps

Regards

Dheeraj

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dheeraj,

what does this

"" check the customizing settings for the lot-size, please check if the flag u2018splitting quotau2019 is checked""

setting for?

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the customizing settings for the lot-size, please check if the flag u2018splitting quotau2019 is checked

What Dheeraj is pointing at is that if you have a the following requirement in the system:

13/06/2011 - 1000

14/06/2011 - 1000

15/06/2011 - 1000

16/06/2011 - 1000

And you have SA1 referring to vendor A and SA2 referring to vendor B with a quota split of 50%

Then if you don't use splitting lot size key the system will do the following:

13/06/2011 - 1000 -> Assigned to vendor A - SA1

14/06/2011 - 1000 -> Assigned to vendor B - SA2

15/06/2011 - 1000 -> Assigned to vendor A - SA1

16/06/2011 - 1000 -> Assigned to vendor B - SA2

If you do use a lot size key set for splitting quota then the system will do the following:

13/06/2011 - 500 -> Assigned to vendor A - SA1

13/06/2011 - 500 -> Assigned to vendor B - SA2

14/06/2011 - 500 -> Assigned to vendor A - SA1

14/06/2011 - 500 -> Assigned to vendor B - SA2

15/06/2011 - 500 -> Assigned to vendor A - SA1

15/06/2011 - 500 -> Assigned to vendor B - SA2

16/06/2011 - 500 -> Assigned to vendor A - SA1

16/06/2011 - 500 -> Assigned to vendor B - SA2

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

awarded 20 points for solving two issues. Thanks Peter

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks guys..

but if I use quota arrangements, if system finds the vendor in quota arrangements, it will not even look at source list.

agreements are at source list level. so how does system create schedule lines based on quota arrangement %?

in other words,

let say I have quota arrangements maintained but did not maintain source list.I also have two agreements for the material for two vendors. now wehn i run MRP system will generate 2 PR. I want system to generate schedule lines based on the scheduling agreements I have in the system. how can I make system to do that?

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you don't have a source list the system will generate PR's, the only way to get the schedule lines created is to maintain the source list.

You can force that source lists must be created by maintaining the source list tick in the material master.

Regards,

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

so are you saying that if I have 2 vendors for the same period with quota split in my quota arrangements, then I need to have those two vendors in my validity period source list with scheduling agreements assigned in ME03. right?

if I dont assign schediling agreement numbers to the vendors in the source list, then delivery schedules will not be updated..

what if I have not maintained scheduling agreements numbers in the source list but just maintained vendor number. willsystem automatically pick agreement numbers from the tables and create schedule lines? or is it mandatory to have scheduling agreements assigned to the vendors in source list?

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if I dont assign schediling agreement numbers to the vendors in the source list, then delivery schedules will not be updated..

what if I have not maintained scheduling agreements numbers in the source list but just maintained vendor number. willsystem automatically pick agreement numbers from the tables and create schedule lines? or is it mandatory to have scheduling agreements assigned to the vendors in source list?

If you do not assign the scheduling agreement numbers into the source list then you are telling the system to generate assigned purchase requisitions (if the MRP key is 1) i the MRP key is 2 then scheduling agreement numbers need to be assigned.

So if you do not assign scheduling agreement numbers in the ME01 (source list maintenance) then the system will not be generating any schedule lines, only PR's either vendor assigned or not assigned depending the the MRP key setting in the source list.

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to get the quota arrangement to work with the scheduling agreements you enter the details into the source list without putting the fixing indicator.

So in your case you have 2 vendors and also 2 scheduling agreements, by maintaining the data from both the scheduling agreements in the source list you get the MRP to trigger schedule lines against each scheduling agreement based on the percentages maintained in the source list.

Regards,