cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage cost in PPDS Optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there any way by which I can model storage costs in PPDS optimizer so that the optimizer does not plan the planned order too early than the demand ?

The only way I see to achieve this is by using the option "Backward Scheduling" in optimizer profile. However I fear this option will lead to gaps in the resource schedule.

Please advice!!

Regards,

Ameet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

1) First you need check "Bottleneck Res." on /SAPAPO/RES01 for your Resource.(End of tab)

2) In Material Master set your storage costs(Procurement Tab)

3) In Optimization Profile, go to Additional Strategies , check "Bottleneck Optization". After this inform your Storage Costs(Weighting).

Remember you need to inform another weights of objective function.

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/0d/708e3c90347b17e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Campaign optimization aims at weighing up setup and storage costs and achieving a planning result in which the

bottleneck resource is occupied to an optimum as far as the following criteria are concerned:

u2022 Total storage costs

u2022 Total delay costs

u2022 Total setup time

u2022 Total setup costs.

During campaign optimization, you can optimize the schedule according to the storage costs that are associated

with the early completion of orders or activities.

Storage costs are created when:

u2022 The availability date is earlier than the requirements date

u2022 The actual start or finish date for an activity is before the latest desired start or finish date for an activity

How much the early completion of a single order or a single activity costs, depends on the duration of the

earliness and the storage cost price for the order product:

Request you to go thru the help library for details.

Thanks,

nandha