cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound process with WM and HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

I am exploring different possibility Standard SAP supports for goods receipt process through Inbound deliveries.TO make things simple right now I am only finding possibilities for EXTERNAL Material receipt only.

The steps I know invloved in Inbound delivery process are (with WM and HU)

1) PR - Source assignment - PO - Release PO

2) Advance shipment notification (ASN)

3) Inbound delivery creation

4) Packing of material on Goods receipt

5.1) Put-away - Automatic TR creation

5.2 ) Put-away - Automatic TO creation

5.2 ) Put-away material - TO Confirmation

6) PGR

Now I am looking for different configurations by which can automate processes mentioned above from point 2 to 6.Like

2 and 3 ) ASN / Inbound delivery : I know that ASN can be received from vendor (in the form of idoc) and can create Inbound delivery automatically.But what if Vendor doesn't provide ASN message , how can we create deliveries for expected material ? Do we need to use VL06I ??

4) Once the Inbound delivery is created , I know we can automate packing process ... not sure about the configuration.I only know that this invloved condition technique where we create Conditions / schema / condition records ... BUT where do we assign that SCHEMA ( like pricing schema is attached to PORG group / Vendor grp )

5.1 ) Do we always need to have a TR to get TO created against Goods receipt OR can we can ask system to create TO directly without any TR ?

5.2 ) TO Creation - Automatic TO creation as soon as the packing is completed.

Where is this setting ? I understand there are two process 1) real time TO creation 2) Background TO Creation. For immediate TO creation I can see a configuration in IM-WM movement type assignment configuration , is that all ??

5.3 ) TO Confirmation -.Like TO Creation , do SAP also provide functionality to CONFIRM TO immediately or through Background Jobs ?? What are the required settings ?

6) How can we automate the PGR process ?

Sorry for this long query , but I hope there are many other friends who are interested in knowing all such possibilities.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards

Shrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 and 3 ) ASN / Inbound delivery : I know that ASN can be received from vendor (in the form of idoc) and can create Inbound delivery automatically.But what if Vendor doesn't provide ASN message , how can we create deliveries for expected material ? Do we need to use VL06I ??

Option 1: You can use transaction VL34 to create inbound deliveries by PO, Plant and the delivery date.

Option 2: You can use transaction VL31N and click the Purchase Orders to create inbound deliveries.

4) Once the Inbound delivery is created , I know we can automate packing process ... not sure about the configuration.I only know that this invloved condition technique where we create Conditions / schema / condition records ... BUT where do we assign that SCHEMA ( like pricing schema is attached to PORG group / Vendor grp )

First we have to create the packing instruction in POP1.

--> Give a packing instruction name.

--> Then in the line 1 - Enter P and the packaging material

--> Then in the line 2 - Enter M and enter the material to pack and give the quantity to pack in the packaging material. Eg: In each pallet how much quantity to be packed.

Second go to the transaction POF1.

--> Enter RCPT and based on the combination Material/Plant/Vendor, select it and enter the Material and the Packaging Instruction you created before.

--> Then you can do the autopack in VL32N.

5.1 ) Do we always need to have a TR to get TO created against Goods receipt OR can we can ask system to create TO directly without any TR ?

--> We can create the TO directly from the VL32N.

*5.2 ) TO Creation - Automatic TO creation as soon as the packing is completed.

Where is this setting ? I understand there are two process 1) real time TO creation 2) Background TO Creation. For immediate TO creation I can see a configuration in IM-WM movement type assignment configuration , is that all ??*

SPRO - Logistics Execution - Warehouse Management - Activities - Transfers - Set Up Autom. TO Creation for TRs / Posting Change Notices

5.3 ) TO Confirmation -.Like TO Creation , do SAP also provide functionality to CONFIRM TO immediately or through Background Jobs ?? What are the required settings ?

SPRO - Logistics Execution - Warehouse Management - Activities - Transfers - Define Movement Types

Then select the Warehouse and the movement type 101 and select the option "TO item can be confirmed immediately"

This will confirm the TO as and when the TO is created.

christian_rosa
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

some answer by now to you:

4) There are some BAPIs available like BAPI_HU_PACK (BAPI for Packing an Item into an HU )

5.1) I do not think so, TO is created based on delivery number not TR in this case.

5.3) I am not sure, you can create your own Z-Program

6) You could use BAPI BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE (IDOC BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE).

For more information please have a look at note 520813 (16).

Also

Notes:

1119073 - FAQ: Automatic inbound delivery creation for stock transfers

I will see if I can help you on some direction to the other bullets you have. However you may need to go through yourself on some specifics you have.

Regards,

Christian Rosa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

Need you help !!!!

Regards

Shrey