Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsmw

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Experts

i was created a template in excel and save this file as delimited tab for the purpose of uploading to sap

but this text file when i open it it seems to not be arranged properly with its tab and position

so pls tell me this file i can utilize for uploading or there is any other method is there to make text file with my data

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either copy & paste from excel to notepad

or

Click on excel left hand side top & click on save as

then select SAVE AS TYPE & choose text file

then click on Yes.yes & then clcick on top right hand side to close excel & give NO.

Now u will have the text file.

this u can assign in lsmw & upload.

dont worry about the text file it will be in haphazard way just upload

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yo have to first save the Excel File to Text ( Tab delimited ) . For Uploading we are using the .txt file. If we open the text file there you can spacing is not correct , but that is not an issue . Just go for uploading the data and see whether any error is getting triggered.

Regards,

Deepak

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

To upload the text file maintain the template properly.To maintain the sequce of field along with their technical names make use of fields and sequence as seen in the step maintain field mapping.

If u prepare a template as per the sequence ans technical names as seen in Maintain field mapping then it wont go wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to copy the excel file to txt file , than try uploading it . I think this would solve ur problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excel can't be wrong.

Normal your problem are caused when you save the excel file into txt file .pls don't save it into unicode txt.

Just into text file with tabulator...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you copy excel to txt? But I suggest you try to load it in lsmw to see if something wrong and what kind of error message will be popping up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muhamed,

Excel is a common tool used to build large Tab Delimited Files for LSMW input.

it seems to not be arranged properly with its tab and position

A bit vague. Exactly what is the problem, and when do you see it?

Normally, you define the way LSMW reads an input file in the "Specify Files" step. You can opt to use the order of the fields, or you can insert a header row into your input file and use the headers instead. Pretty straightforward.

Other problems some people have is by having TAB characters included in the data within the spreadsheet cells. This is hard to see, since a tab is invisible in a spreadsheet display. In a TAB delimited file, there must be no TABs in the cells. Excel will automatically insert all required TABS upon saving, even for blank cells, you don't have to put any tabs in yourself.

Best Regards,

DB49