cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR 2008 ECC Tables data access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using crystal reports 2008 to connect to SAP ECC environment and retreive data for my report.I have been able to connect to standard tables like mara and others.The problem I face is I am able to see data for material no,serial no and a date field that are from other tables.The problem I face is when I include other fields that are required in the same report.

When I try and include any other fields that have relation to these PP tables,I am not able to see data for any of the columns in the report.Since the data is huge I have used filters to limit retreival of data based on date and also used a filter for the material number.

When the filters are removed or present there is no data shown.I have checked the tables and they contain data.Kindly let know how this issue can be resolved.I need data for other fields to be shownin the same report.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is problem with linking multiple tables.

Have you created the links manually ??(Crystal Reports automatically links tables by name or key when possible.)

When manually creating links, the field you are linking "to" must be of the same data type as the field you are linking from

If you are not satisfied with the link, you can modify it using the Links tab of the Database Expert.Check ur links & Joins.

@sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for you input.Yes as you say the links to the tables have been automatically assigned in Crystal reports.My concern is how to get to link the tables correctly and to ensure correct data is retreived.Correct data refers to data free of cartesian product.I do not see an add command window,like in other data sources,where I can code in t join and retreive data.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

link two or more tables in crystal repots:

click F1 in ur crystal report dsigner page or goto help--->crystal reports help in tool bar

under Wizard and Expert reference>Database Expert-> Linkinkg tab .

To create links manually,delete the default link created by crystal report and establish a link bw the tables.

To edit he link double click on the link and set the join type .

@sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,I understand on assigning manual links to the tables.Thing is what happens if the query in the SAP environment has manipulations like say for a query values in a table need to be selected only if the value of one of the columns is "Active".

Fields in this column would have active and inactive status?

Like in a query I can specify and limit data...but how can it be done in "Links tab"

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no idea how to create that in crystal report but we can acieve this in ABAP

create an Infoset with all that logic and use that infoset as the source for ur crystal report.This is efficient and fast even.

@sri

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

so how did you setup the linking ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been working on other databases and it is my first try with SAP DB.I see that the naming conventions are totally different.Apart from this is there anything that needs to be known wrt the database.

If I create infosets and use it to populated data in my crystal reports will it work,or is it s definite soultion?

Thanks

Edited by: narayanyr on Jun 18, 2011 8:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ingo ,

im nt clear with ur question...

Linking at infoset !

even if we are creating infoset we have to establish join condition to link tables.

if he want all the records from the first table then he can use left-outer join..

in other cases he can use inner join (that is again dependent on the business ..)

we can code for that in the Infoset level, but all operations will have to be done based on the values in the internal tables...

so if there are values that satisfy the linking conditions then he will get the output..

@Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are good at writing logic and internal tables concepts you can create an infoset if not take the help from ABAP consultant and create it.

What you need to know is tables and field names along with complete business functionality .

Yes this works and we have implemented this flow in our previous project .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sri Kamesh,

I am getting data for tables by removing links and manually adding them as per ur advise.

Now how do I change datatype of one field same as other in crystal environment?

Also I am now getting a cartesian join for the data,there are a lot of duplicates.Any idea on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well...I am getting data now free of cartesian by linking tables in the Links tab. Need to look into using infosets on writing queries to fetch data.Thanks for you help my problem is solved for now

0 Kudos

Moved to SAP integration Kit forum