cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Datasource Enhancements Field Only option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I am enhancing the standard DS with the customised field using BADI programs.Is it neccessary to make the "field only "(in Edit DS )check field.Not clear can anyone pls explain about the impact.

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. The field should be flagged.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to select the "field only known" option.

The Field Only Known in Exit indicator is set for the fields of an append structure;
by default these fields are not passed to the extractor from the field list and 
selection table. 

Deselect the Field Only Known in Exit indicator to enable the BI Service API to 
pass on the append structure field to the extractor together with the fields of the 
delivered extract structures in the field list and in the selection table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the functionality not clear.I have seen that in some enhanced fileds not having this check mark and some fields having check mark.all fields based on the standar datasource.I would like to know the difference.

thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If the enhanced field is also from the same base table on which the extractor is built, then there is no need to code for it in CMOD and flag 'field only...'. There will be a select * on the table and this field will also be picked.

For cases where the enhanced field is not part of the base table, coding needs to be done in CMOD and the flag set in the datasource definition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali,always ur answer is crystal clear,keep rocking.

One more question please ,after DS enhancement in Source System DEV system,replicated to BW Dev.For further system should I do DataSource TRANSPORT or REPLICATION(from SS) in target system,sure both will work.But which one is best practice? Some experts suggesting for transportation,I have sufficient authorization in Prod.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

It is a good practice to make the changes in Dev and promote to QA and PRD source systems. Replicate into the corresponding BW systems and move the BW transports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali

My doubt is I should transport the DS in to individual system or to replicate in each system.Did Replication of DS A in BW Dev,for BW QA I should replicate the DS A or Transport it from BW Dev.Enhance objects created in BW,related Transformations and DT are transported,no issues.Only doubt is(only about enhanced standard DS) whether we can Transport DS or replicate in all target systems.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The datasources exist in the source system. The one that appears in BW post replication is a replica of the datasource. It is not enough to transport this replica across the BW landscape. You would need to move the datasource in your source system across the landscape and then replicate it into BW systems. Then you need to move the datasource replica in BW and other objects.

Answers (0)