cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to print smartform ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having issues in printing the smartforms it gives me a formatting error ...

I have to print this field name vbap-wmeng .....

I have to print it in a table its my 3 cloumn and since i have lots of column i.e 10 in total ...i had to give little sapce for it .Now the problem comes when i tru to print it i guess it goes beyond the line ...

I am finding hard how to compress it and print it

I have used Condense ....I

I also used a Char field to print the same but no effect ....

Does any one has an idea of how it will work .......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether you have provided the reference field for KWMENG.

Also give CIZ for the field.

Jshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks,

that was the issue i did some coding to condense the field value and in that case i forgot to change the name in the editor ....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the text is bigger then the column space, it automatically movesto necxt line.Its houldnt throw a formating error.

Just check the real cause of the error.Is there any text element or column you deleted? Or did you make changes in the table line?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you get a "formatting error" exception, use SFTRACE transaction to get/debug more detailed information about the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra ,

for using SFTRACE i will have to create some file .on my local system , only then will it work is it like this .

If not this way kndly explain how to use the transaction .

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for using SFTRACE i will have to create some file .on my local system , only then will it work is it like this .

No! Why do you say that? It's rather easy to use, see doc on SAP Library http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/49/c3d8a4a05b11d5b6ef006094192fe3/frameset.htm

sandra