cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport problem toQAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am not able to perform transport to QAS. RFCs are working fine. When I update all import queues I am getting error :

System QAS Command TMS_MGR_CHECK_TRANSPORT_QUEUE

Client 000 Service Transport Service

User DEVADMIN Start Online

Date 11/06/2011 Function TMS_TP_CHECK_BUFFER

Time 15:56:16 Message BUFFER_IS_FAULTY

Description:Errors were detected when checking the transport files

Please suggest how can I remove this error, we have OS as Linux RHEL5.3 and DB as oracle.

Regards,

Mridul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

go into /usr/sap/trans/buffer and rename file that is identical to your SID (such as DEV, or PRD).

then, go into STMS again and refresh. if your buffer file was corrupted, this will clear your problem.

and also clear your buffer dir.

Regards

Shubh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After renaming the buffer we are facing a strange problem, the text and owner are mismatching although the content of TRs are fine. Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Mridul

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you maybe exporting from another system with the same SID to the same folder?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

We do have a 3 system landscape and when we are importing into production box we can c the text and owner mismatch, how we can correct this.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Mridul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another question: Was there a system refresh (or a restore from backup) recently?

In other words: Maybe the same transport number has been used before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

You are right we did system restore on both quality and development server 5 days ago, actually we faced numerous problem (dump) on development server after support pack activity and thus we restored the backup on development with the backup we had before starting support activity.

Due to some TRs moved after the support activity we faced dumps on quality too, so to undo the changes we restored the backup since the system was working fine.

Please suggest how can we correct this mismatch.

Regards,

Mridul

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> You are right we did system restore on both quality and development server 5 days ago, actually we faced numerous problem (dump) on development server after support pack activity and thus we restored the backup on development with the backup we had before starting support activity.

>

> Due to some TRs moved after the support activity we faced dumps on quality too, so to undo the changes we restored the backup since the system was working fine.

So you basically created the transports twice because you forgot (omitted) to reset the number after you restored the backup.

You'll have to really manually check what is getting transported because of the double numbers.

Run RSWBO301 and generate a new interval.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I think this will be valid for development or do I need to execute the program in quality and production too.

Regards,

Mridul

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You run that only at the system where new transports are created.

The old transports however will not be changed.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I executed program RSWBO301 keeping interval as 5000 but the situation is still the same. Please suggest, whether I have to take bigger interval, and if so what it sud be.

Regards,

Mridul

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What situation is still the same?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

the text and owner r still mismatching..

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - those transports are broken. This program doesn't change exports that are already done.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

another problem occured