Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO CHANGE QUANTITY IN SCHEDULED DELIVERY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you help me out on this,

When I check on mmbe, I have this item whose quantity in scheduled delivery is greater than unrestricted quantity.

E.G. >>> MATERIAL A has Scheduled Delivery of 120cs but on Unrestricted Quantity it has only 40cs

Please help me for this will help me alot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

from business view:

SCHEDULED DELIVERY quantity is the one you should ship out at certain time point.

and you should be able to get enough goods to arrange shipment at shipping time.

ATP check is another issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If scheduled delivery qty is greater than unrestricted quantity, therefore there will be no confirmed quantity in D.O. for other Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grey,

Well, maybe yes and maybe no. It depends upon how you have configured your availability checks. You cannot accurately predict the results of an availability check in MMBE. You must use CO09.

Anyhow, the answer is straightforward. If you want the scheduled delivery quantity to be less than the unrestricted, then you must either increase unrestricted, or reduce the quantity of scheduled deliveries. In most companies, there are expected receipts from which new unrestricted will be created, at some time in the future. When these expected receipts are executed, it will have the effect of increasing unrestricted.

Before you consider reducing the scheduled delivery quantity, you should find out what are the scheduled deliveries, and determine why they are there, and determine the impact on the associated customers if you reduce or eliminate them.

In many companies, it is part of normal business operations for scheduled delivery quantity to occasionally exceed unrestricted.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grey,

There is no direct relationship between unrestricted quantity and scheduled delivery quantity. These two quantities will always vary. If you are expecting unrestricted to always be equal or less than Scheduled delivery, can you explain why?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what if there were no P.O. placed and still the quantity in sched. for delivery is greater than unrestricted?

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check whather the stock is in quality inspection or block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go to me2m to look for if there had been purchase order placed for this material,if so,it is ok,it means there would be 120 to be coming to your warehouse once you had it receipt.