cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot of Lot Size Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am having this the following scenario which I would like to ask if someone has come across on.

We are using EX (Lot for Lot Order Quantity) with the Minimum Lot Size and Maximum Lot Size set as 0.

Original data in MD04 Rec./reqd Qty Available Qty

-

Stock 0

Production Order (PrdOrd) 459 459

Order Reservation (OrdRes) 459- 0

Production Order (PrdOrd) 53 53

Order Reservation (OrdRes) 53- 0

Production Order (PrdOrd) 105 105

Order Reservation (OrdRes) 105- 0

Everything is fine as the every order requirement has been fulfilled with a Production Order. These Production Orders has been converted from Previous Planned Order

The Production Planning Department then inserts a Production Order at the top of the chain. Which is as follows

Updated data in MD04 Rec./reqd Qty Available Qty

-

Stock 0

Order Reservation (OrdRes) 1000 1000-

Production Order (PrdOrd) 459 541-

Order Reservation (OrdRes) 459- 1000-

Production Order (PrdOrd) 53 947-

Order Reservation (OrdRes) 53- 1000-

Production Order (PrdOrd) 105 895-

Order Reservation (OrdRes) 105- 1000-

Now we run MD01 again to generate the MRP Requirements and the following is the output generated

MD04 Data after MRP Run Rec./reqd Qty Available Qty

-

Stock 0

Plan Order (PldOrd) 383 383

Order Reservation (OrdRes) 1000 617-

Production Order (PrdOrd) 459 158-

Plan Order (PldOrd) 459 301

Order Reservation (OrdRes) 459- 158-

Production Order (PrdOrd) 53 105-

Plan Order (PldOrd) 53 52-

Order Reservation (OrdRes) 53- 105-

etc....

The SAP system creates a Plan Order at the top of the list. But I would like to ask why the Quantity is 383 instead of 1000 which fulfills the Production Order of quantity 1000 which is newly inserted.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamison,

You have stated that the planners have added a production order, yet the thing that has been added is the production order reservation. This implies that the planners added a production order for the parent.

You have not stated any of the relevant data that would determine how MRP would calculate the dates and quantities of replenishment orders. If I had to guess (and this is just a guess), I would suppose that your rescheduling horizon is set such that you would not get a replenishment order for the entire 1000 pc. If this were the case, MRP would be assuming that one or more of the existing supply elements would be adequate to support a portion of the new 1000 pc requirement, and that only 383 of the new 1000 pc requirement required a new planned order on the same date. The balance of the requirement would be satisfied later in the chain (which you have not displayed).

This would have been more obvious if you had displayed the reschedule dates.....

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49

Yes u are correct, the Production Order is from the parent which is a Finished Goods. The material I have been showing is the Semi Finished Good.

Now when I go into MD04 again I see in the Rescheduling Date column the system is proposing a new start date for the current Production Orders. The start date aligns with the 1000 requirement date. I would like to ask how can I set the Rescheduling of the Production Orders using MD04 or the MRP run as it would be a lot of work if we had to go in to CO02 and change the dates ourself manually.

Also I have take a look at the Transaction code OPPR and in there the Rescheduling Horizon we have it blank. I would like to ask what is the necessary configuration here?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamison,

Yes, Rescheduling horizon is where you decide how the rescheduling function will work. This is turn has an impact on the dates and quantities of new planned orders. Rescheduling can be set at the plant level, or at the MRP group level.

This functionality supports the way most companies actually work. Rather than create a brand new planned order within a very short time horizon, they will instead expedite existing production orders. It is a business decision. One does not normally change these settings without first discussing the matter with the manufacturing and purchasing people.

For more info, review online help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f4/7d2c9744af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

and all of the F4 help entries within the rescheduling sections of OPPQ/OPPR.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)