cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creation of new vendor master record

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I assign Account Group, getting following error "Acc. group uses internal no. assignments, leave blank".

if leave blank; asking to enter account group. Can anyone suggest how to select external number assignment while creating a new account group?

Edited by: Kushal Pal on Jun 11, 2011 5:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

For this particular account group there is an internal number assignment ,so you cannot give external vendor number,you just need to give company code and purchasing organization,,and execute and putting data,save ,you will get vendor number by system define,not external which you trying to give. You can see the the number ranges assigned is internal not external in XKN1 . Check which number range is assigned to your account group in OBAS..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I have solved the problem myself. we assign external numbers in the customization through SPRO u2013 SAP reference IMG u2013 Finance Accounting u2013 Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable u2013 Vendor Accounts u2013 Master Data u2013 Preparation for Creating Vendor Master Data u2013 Create Number Ranges for Vendor Accounts ans selecting Ext check box as first step.

In the second step, by selecting "Assign Number Ranges to Vendor Account Groups" in the same customization.

Your suggestion was helpful but I had already worked out. XKN1 is the correct Trans. to look into assigned ranges.

Thanks.

Edited by: Kushal Pal on Jun 13, 2011 4:55 AM

Answers (0)