Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple free goods determination for one item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement in free goods functionality as explained below:

When one product is purchased, system should propose 2 or 3 products as free goods.

But as per standard SAP, only one free item is possible (it is either an Exclusive or Inclusive).

I would request you all to provide some ideas to full fill this requirement.

A quick reply is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usage of Calculation Types

You can use calculation types to define that certain free goods are granted when a particular quantity of products is ordered. If, however, a customer orders a lesser or greater quantity than the defined quantity, you can determine which free goods should be granted by selecting from the types provided by default.

The following types, which you can define in the master data, are provided by default:

● Type 1: Proportionate, that is, percentage calculation of free goods

● Type 2: Unit-related

● Type 3: Only for whole units

You grant 10 notebooks as free goods for an order of 100 notebooks. A customer orders 150 notebooks.

■ With type 1 the customer would receive 15 notebooks free of charge

■ With type 2 the customer would only receive 10 notebooks free of charge

■ With type 3 the customer would not receive free goods

Regards,

Saju.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

that would be a scale basis. May I know if there are enhancements or creation of programs via abap or via configuration for me to enable Material to have free goods such as material B and C. Hoping that item category is TaNN.

Does it have integration on the configuration of a MM consultant?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu!!! We had also same requirement in our company. But unfortunately in standard SAP there is only 1:1 ratio of free goods determination. I dont know why SAP standard can't fulfill this functionality. You can search for your confirmation on forum for this.

What we did was that we use TAN item category for standar item and TANN for free goods. I discussed the issue with our ABAPER and we both came on same conclusion. I maintained one free good in VBN1 and it was determined as per standard. For 2nd free good ABAPEr maintained a table and he used a user exit i dnt know which one. He entered the logic in that user exit that when we enter that material 2nd TANN item was entered forcefully. This can be done if there are a few materials. in our case only 10 materials.

search on forum for more solutions. May be you can find and better than this.

Did you find any better solution? please update the forum

Edited by: moazzamjii on Jun 17, 2011 7:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

May i know what's solution you came up to solve your problem