cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BusinessObjects BI deployment questions - Virtualization & Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to deploy BI using virtualization. Does SAP recommend against having a production BI server setup in a virtual server?

Our current landscape already consist of a BPC production and development servers. It is common practices to deploy a BI production and development servers?

Regards,

Lim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LImwas,

Please Explain your issue in brief.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

What I want to know is can I virtualize a BI system for production use. Does SAP support it?

Would you be able to also advise me whether I need a BW system to use BI?

Thanks.

Regards,

Lim

0 Kudos

Hi,

check the PAM for BI 4.0 on Page 14:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0f2f54d-5743-2e10-91ae-ac00a1ff0b8f&override...

What i can say for XI 3.1 is that virtualization is supported on all Environments like DEV / Q&A and PROD. However, if you have a virtualized PROD system and you have to raise a Message with the SAP Support with regards to Performance issues, the SAP support could tell you that you have to test it on a physical Environment to see if the issue persists there.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the information. However I am more interested to know if SAP recommend production BI system to be virtualized because from what I know, SAP does not recommend SAP BusinessObjects BPC to be virtualized for produciton environment. So I am not sure if I virtualize a BI system in the production environment, am I going against SAP recommendation.

Regards,

Lim

0 Kudos

Hi,

from my experience it is better to have your PROD Environment of a physical Server.

However - to have an official Statement i would recommend you open a Support Message with the SAP Support.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.