Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copa assessement error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am doing copa assseement cycle.

when i am selecting with fixed percentage under receiver tracing factor it is working fine but when i am selecting with variable proportionate following error is coming i have taken revenue as basis for variable item.

No summarization level exists for cycle COPA10

Message no. GA790

Diagnosis

The tracing factors for cycle COPA10 cannot be read from a summarization level.

This message is displayed when executing a periodic allocation of overhead costs (assessment, indirect activity allocation) if portions are used as tracing factors in at least one segment. It is designed to make you aware of potential improvement in performance which is not being used.

If variable portions are used as tracing factors, the distribution factors are determined from the object level (table CE3xxxx/CE4xxxx, xxxx=operating concern). If there is a large amount of data at object level, selection can take a long time. The summarization levels can be used to pre-summarize the transaction data, resulting in a drastic reduction in runtimes for periodic allocations.

System Response

The tracing factor is determined from the object level. This does not alter the result of periodic allocation, but the runtime can be lengthy.

Procedure

For large data volumes, define a summarization level in the object level in order to improve performance.

For more information, see the program documentation and the customizing functions, which include a form for defining an appropriate summarization level for periodic allocation.

The segment contains no receivers

Message no. GA733

thnaks

kareem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kareem

Ensure that the receiver tracing factor (RTF) has values posted in the Period for all the receiver chars

Eg: If revenue is your RTF, then revenue value field must have values posted in it against all the chars mentioned as receivers in your cycle

Also ensure to create a summarization level.. your life will be easy w/o any performance problems.... Go to menu IMG > COPA > Information system.. you can create sum levels

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

question solved

Answers (0)