Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Modification Rule at MIC level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

My client requirement is as follows;

User want to use the Dynamic Modification Rule at MIC (Master Inspection Characteristic) level.In the inspection plan there are 05 MIC's.User want to use DMR to the last two MIC's.So I assigned the DMR in inspection plan at MIC level.

Client requirement is that when first insp. Lot will generate, system should allow to do the result recording for last two MIC's.after that for next 09 inspection lots both last MIC's result recording screen should be Grey out field.Then when 10th Inspection lot generated both MIC's should be open to do the result recording.

As per my DMR rule it is working fine for above requirement.But for 02nd to 09th inspection lot Both MIC's are grey out and user is selecting that MIC click on "Select a Char" i.e. on detailed view of result recording and do the result recording.

*So client requirement is that user should not be able to do result recording at all for 02nd to 09th inspection lot for last two MIC's OR system should not allowed to do the result recording for last two MIC's from 02nd to 09th Inspection lot.

Is there any standard configuration available for this or any user exit available?

Waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks in Advance

Pravin K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Nitin's solution would work. But I would first consider this a training issue. You might not want to take the ability away from using them. There might be times that if there are questions about the material you might want to do testing on the skipped MIC's. Even if you don't forsee this for the current material, you might have that possibility down the road someday with a new material. Taking it away using security means you won't be able to use it in future business processes.

It should be emphasized to users not to record on grayed out MIC's without supervisor permission. If users can't be trained for something this simple, they maybe they should be moved to a position that doesn't require as much thought. Even in FDA regulated businesses, we don't enforce this by security but by SOP's.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Skip characteristic will have initial status 4.

Try Removing Authorisation value 4 from the object Q_CHAR_PRC , Field QESTATOLD

This should avoid the user to process the char with status 4.

Regards

Nitin

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

I am not so sure but try whether user exit QEEM0011- User exit: add. functions before valuating insp. Characs would be useful to you.

Regards,

Anand